ACR 7.22 at the Ring.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both cars basically have identical amazing performance stats.As in almost every form of motorsports it usually all comes down to the driver. To truely proclaim one superior over the other (just like in drag racing )we have to have both cars prepped the same, on the same day, at the same track, with the same driver or at least drivers of the same ability.

Joe its that (If I own it, its the best mentality!) thats hard for me to deal with! Some poser mentioned the Vette forum wasn't taking whatever their supposed to be talking not very well, how would someone know that if they weren't over there trolling trying to stir up some shiit? Joe I am outta here, I am leaving this thread now because the guys that actually race and know what their talking about have already checked out or didn't even waste their time commenting, something I shouldn't of done either! Maybe I will comment after I get my ACR and the ZR1 I am ordering Monday, to the track. If anyone is interested just check the 6speedonline forum in about a month, you can have an intelligent discussion on that site because of the wide variety of forums and a much more unbiased crowd, it used to be that way on this forum until all the magazine racers and posers showed up!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Just wanna say a big "Congrats" to Dodge, for taking the time and effort to assault the N'Ring.

It was "epic"! Good show all around!

OP
OP
V

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe its that (If I own it, its the best mentality!) thats hard for me to deal with! Some poser mentioned the Vette forum wasn't taking whatever their supposed to be talking not very well, how would someone know that if they weren't over there trolling trying to stir up some shiit? Joe I am outta here, I am leaving this thread now because the guys that actually race and know what their talking about have already checked out or didn't even waste their time commenting, something I shouldn't of done either! Maybe I will comment after I get my ACR and the ZR1 I am ordering Monday, to the track. If anyone is interested just check the 6speedonline forum in about a month, you can have an intelligent discussion on that site because of the wide variety of forums and a much more unbiased crowd, it used to be that way on this forum until all the magazine racers and posers showed up!

I think you were the one being "biased", Contridicting other peoples posts, and being in total denial. Please get over it.The fact is, the ACR is the king of the Ring. Fair and square. Be happy, you have one coming to you.:usa:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like the *** calling the kettle a troll. :rolleyes:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, "*** Wee" Furman claims to have bought an ACR yet has not posted any pics. His claim to fame is an obviously "tweaked" C6 Z06 which ran a high 10 second pass in the 1/4 mile. He claims the car to be 100% bone stock, which of course is ludicrous. When he had a conflict with me in the past, I posted up pics of my '68 vette and it proved to be more than his woozy ego could bear. To top things off, Chrysler came out with this automotive monstrosity called the ACR. If my '68 vette dropped one of his nuts, the existence of the '08 ACR lopped off the other. What we see here is the aftermath of complete emasculation, the severity of which would make any person of empathy, cringe. In truth, I feel a bit of sorrow for "*** Wee", whose lifelong dream was to witness the corvette at the top of the food chain. Unfortunately, the '08 ACR has proven to be the most dominant production performance car in history. Wobbling, woozy and very unhappy, "*** Wee" has hobbled his way to this forum with just enough in the tank to utter some anti-venom rhetoric.

Is it true that your '68 vette gets under Furman's skin?
Yes, it is undeniable, beloved fans of mine. It hurts him profoundly and to the point of hysteria, as we can all plainly see.

Would you race him on a road course against his corvette?
Only if I knew that he had a psychiatrist with a lunch box full of meds, awaiting him in the pits. I do not wish to be the target of some arm flailing loon, rushing out of his car in defeat, wetting himself, as he loses all self control.

Have you beaten any Z06's with your cars or are you indeed a poser as "*** Wee" stated?
I have edged out a C6Z06 with my '06 Viper and trounced 2 of them with my '68. The Viper is slated to receive Underground Twin Turbos in the near future but was completely stock at the time. I also raced motocross for about 4 years, which is not the type of sport for posers. Rest assured, my admirers, "*** Wee" would get owned.

Do you think that we should change his name to "Spermin'" Furman, in response to his convulsive, angry behavior? It's a tough call, Viper brethren. There is something about the name "*** Wee" Furman that says it all for me; nerdy, all bent out of shape and raging wild in a scrawny sort of way.

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys over my 14 years of owning Vipers i have met and raced with Jamie(Furman) on more than a few occasions at the NE Zone events or Mopar Atlantic Nats at Englishtown NJ.I have got to tell you that his opinions here are formulated from owning or having owned just about every top line hi performance car out there (no BS -his collection would make Roger Penske jealous )and driving-racing these cars- drag race wise at a(ability wise) professional level.In my Viper owning years i have also had the privilege of watching and sometimes being involved in a few McMillan Argus Publications (Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford,Super Chevy, Mopar Performance )road tests.Their head test driver is Evan Smith (holds numerious NHRA records and got the fastest published time ever out of a stock gen 2 at 11.77)Evan quite simply is one of the best out there on stock radial tires(When John Coletti who used to run SVT needed a test driver to see what his prototype FORD GT was capable of he chose Evan Smith to drag test it )Jamie Furman is just as good as Evan behind the wheel.As far Furman running 10s in a bone sock Z06 if you have have ever seen Jamie drive it is totally believeable.Last summer i was at the test at E-Town when Smith driving for Super Chevy went 11.4s in a bone stock -Z06.The test was conducted in 95 degree heat running into a 10 mph headwind.With the right weather,track prep and most of all driver the car is definately capable.As a mentioned earlyier it has been my experience that Furman is just as good as Evan.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does being a decent drag racer like a hundred other guys hanging around the track have to do with running the ring in a car designed for road racing? Totally different skill set.
Where is Jamie going to test the ACR capabilites, on a 1/4 mile track? Was it designed to be a drag racer?

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations to Dodge,SRT,VCA et al. I guess I can never complain ever about VCA dues. That video has gotten me ready for whatever the future holds. Now if my stocks could perform like a Viper....Dreams vs. Reality...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What does being a decent drag racer like a hundred other guys hanging around the track have to do with running the ring in a car designed for road racing? Totally different skill set.
Where is Jamie going to test the ACR capabilites, on a 1/4 mile track? Was it designed to be a drag racer?

Guys i dont profess to know the first thing about road racing.There however is a great difference between a DECENT drag racer and a PROFESSIONAL drag racer or in this case a dragracer of professional ability.What i can attest to is Furman does in fact have professional drag racing ability .I can also attest to the fact that a stock Z06 on the correct track weather day ect with the right guy at the wheel can go 10s.From what i understand more than one member of VCA Maryland region has witness Jamie run this.I personally witnessed him run 10s on a stock tired GEN 2 Viper making approx 560 to the tire (Early Heffner Blower set up )Trap speed was 132 and the man got 10s on stock Pilots on a summer day.That is not the mark of a decent driver.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps The entire key to the above being the drivers ability to get a 10 secend ET on the Pilots.Slicks and drag radials are one thing at that power level with stock Pilots entirely different ballgame.MajOR League skill is need to do this.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys i dont profess to know the first thing about road racing.There however is a great difference between a DECENT drag racer and a PROFESSIONAL drag racer or in this case a dragracer of professional ability.What i can attest to is Furman does in fact have professional drag racing ability .I can also attest to the fact that a stock Z06 on the correct track weather day ect with the right guy at the wheel can go 10s.From what i understand more than one member of VCA Maryland region has witness Jamie run this.I personally witnessed him run 10s on a stock tired GEN 2 Viper making approx 560 to the tire (Early Heffner Blower set up )Trap speed was 132 and the man got 10s on stock Pilots on a summer day.That is not the mark of a decent driver.

Who cares? This is a thread about how awesome the ACR is. Anyone coming in here rattling off every excuse the vette boys can think of will get treated in the same manner. Who cares what other cars he has? :rolleyes:

Being objective is not the same as being contrarian for the sake of appearing smarter than everyone else. There will NEVER be two runs that are identical with different cars. The only true way to accomplish this is through computer simulation, but what's the point in that? There's nobody here that thinks this is the final word on the Ring. We're enjoying the victory for today while we have it. In a week, month, year.... someone else will break this record. But you can bet this run has put everyone on notice. It's an accomplishment worth celebrating over... so go *** on someone else's parade.

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares? This is a thread about how awesome the ACR is. Anyone coming in here rattling off every excuse the vette boys can think of will get treated in the same manner. Who cares what other cars he has? :rolleyes:

Being objective is not the same as being contrarian for the sake of appearing smarter than everyone else. There will NEVER be two runs that are identical with different cars. The only true way to accomplish this is through computer simulation, but what's the point in that? There's nobody here that thinks this is the final word on the Ring. We're enjoying the victory for today while we have it. In a week, month, year.... someone else will break this record. But you can bet this run has put everyone on notice. It's an accomplishment worth celebrating over... so go *** on someone else's parade.
I Agree with you and Alexarz, There seems to be alot of Sour Grapes over the ACR destroying everything else at the "Ring". SRT said from the beginning that the ACR would beat the ZR1 and it did. SRT should be commended for bringing us the 08 Viper and the ACR.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps The entire key to the above being the drivers ability to get a 10 secend ET on the Pilots.Slicks and drag radials are one thing at that power level with stock Pilots entirely different ballgame.MajOR League skill is need to do this.

Dragracing? What did I miss? This is a post about turning a 7:22 on a 12 mile track with 100 turns. Dragracing has nothing to do with it. Zero.

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got back from Detroit yesterday so a little late to this party, as far as shifting before the rev limiter. The guys from SRT, after looking at the data told the driver to shift, he argued with them, but then decided to humor em, the times were slower. The time needed to shift and the fact that the viper can't accellerate in fifth caused slower times, so he just continued to hit the limiter.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from Detroit yesterday so a little late to this party, as far as shifting before the rev limiter. The guys from SRT, after looking at the data told the driver to shift, he argued with them, but then decided to humor em, the times were slower. The time needed to shift and the fact that the viper can't accellerate in fifth caused slower times, so he just continued to hit the limiter.

Funny to think that hitting the rev limiter can be THE way to drive a Viper competitively after this demonstration. It'll be known as the shaking-stick method. :lmao:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what I was thinking when I saw the video. My first impression was that he must have been losing a lot of time by not being in the right gear and hitting the rev limiter so often, but then after some reflection I figured that he was an expert racer, familiar with both running the Ring at high speed, and running it with the Viper in competition. So I also guessed that it was a calculated move to deal with the wide gear spacing and tall 5th gear of the Viper on that track.

I think that it might be a smart move for Dodge to fit the ACR model with more tightly spaced gears, especially shortening 5th and 6th, and to also add 3.35 gears to the package. It will take a small hit on gas mileage, but likely show even faster times on road courses. :D

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is what I was thinking when I saw the video. My first impression was that he must have been losing a lot of time by not being in the right gear and hitting the rev limiter so often, but then after some reflection I figured that he was an expert racer, familiar with both running the Ring at high speed, and running it with the Viper in competition. So I also guessed that it was a calculated move to deal with the wide gear spacing and tall 5th gear of the Viper on that track.

I think that it might be a smart move for Dodge to fit the ACR model with more tightly spaced gears, especially shortening 5th and 6th, and to also add 3.35 gears to the package. It will take a small hit on gas mileage, but likely show even faster times on road courses. :D

Yeah.... I never understood that... People don't buy Vipers for MPG. Better gearing would have been preferable. We're ALREADY paying a guzzler tax, so what's a little more?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny to think that hitting the rev limiter can be THE way to drive a Viper competitively after this demonstration. It'll be known as the shaking-stick method. :lmao:

The key to road racing is obvious. Keep the RPM's as high as possible with as little shifting possible. He probably should have went to 5th on the straight, and obviously the missed gears were an error.. But as far as bouncing the car off the limiter. I'm not sure I would have done it any differently. There was not enough room at those points, to justify an upshift, and shifting costs you time.. But thats just my opinion, as an experienced driver. But BY NO MEANS, professional. I think he did an amazing job. But, I would have liked to have seen the splitter when he was done. Im sure it was hammered.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key to road racing is obvious. Keep the RPM's as high as possible with as little shifting possible. He probably should have went to 5th on the straight, and obviously the missed gears were an error.. But as far as bouncing the car off the limiter. I'm not sure I would have done it any differently.
That's my point... some have also suggested him hitting the limiter going into turns... like he was using it as a form of braking. It sorta makes sense... just never heard of it being done intentionally before.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's my point... some have also suggested him hitting the limiter going into turns... like he was using it as a form of braking. It sorta makes sense... just never heard of it being done intentionally before.

Yep, good point..bouncing the rev-limiter will cut power off to approach the turn, while still keeping power on (if that makes any sense):)..

There were a few moments were it looked like he "backed off" the car a bit though.. Anyway.. Awesome run in an AMAZING car... ZR What????????????????

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not as if the ACR has failed in any magazine road course test, to kick the ever living piss out of every car it has run up against. The ACR is the culmination of Gen 3 Viper performance. The Viper is also the perfect platform for being able to handle such downforce by virtue of having a very rigid frame and a thick, torquey powerband. Lesser cars would be bogged down by over 1000 lbs of downforce. The ACR is simply one of the all time greatest american performance cars. In my opinion, it is the most dominant american car ever built and this is not an easy thing to accomplish.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not as if the ACR has failed in any magazine road course test, to kick the ever living piss out of every car it has run up against. The ACR is the culmination of Gen 3 Viper performance. The Viper is also the perfect platform for being able to handle such downforce by virtue of having a very rigid frame and a thick, torquey powerband. Lesser cars would be bogged down by over 1000 lbs of downforce. The ACR is simply one of the all time greatest american performance cars. In my opinion, it is the most dominant american car ever built and this is not an easy thing to accomplish.

you sound biased. ;)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I gotta side with the guys from SRT. It just doesn't make any sense to me to bounce off the rev limiter.

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I gotta side with the guys from SRT. It just doesn't make any sense to me to bounce off the rev limiter.

Chuck

Your used to the older generations. We asked the engineers about damage to the car and they said the '08s were different and handled differently when the limited was hit, they said it doesnt cut out like the old models.

Brad

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can see the drivers point... The only time in that video when I think an upshift would have been justified, is on the straight. He could have went to 5th there. Having said that, 5th is a pretty darn "tall" gear for the track, and the car will not pull very hard in 5th. But at the same time, NOT going into 5th, was keeping his speed down on that straight, quite a bit I'd say. But hey, You can't argure with the times he got. He has the car figured out.

I think 7:high-teens is definately do-able in that car.. On the other had, the 7:26 the ZR1 got, is about the best they could have hoped for. That driver was right on the edge, the entire run.

Last edited:

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I recall reading correctly there was a very strong head-wind. That combined with the massive amounts of down force rendered 5'th basically useless.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As stated before when he had shifted into 5th previous runs it slowed him down because of the strong headwind, therefore not shifting that run, keeping it in 4th he was able to maintain speed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala