ACR Roadster Model

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, I've not seen one (a model kit for a 2010 ACR Roadster that is...) so I've set out on my own quest...

So I'm nerd-ing out somewhat here and revealing my roots as a modeler (more back when I was a teenager than lately), but after lunch today several car buddies and I went by Hobby Lobby (a Wal0Mart of midwest craftiness) on a friend's word that they had the elusive 1:25 Viper ACR model that I'd been looking for.

Lo and behold, it was there, and in addition, I bought a 1:24 metal model of a 2003 Viper convertible.

The idea is, if I mod the ACR model with the vert parts from the other one, I can make an accurate model of mine, which is too rare to see a model of anywhere.

However, the drawback is, modding a model takes time and patience, and if I get too frustrated, I'll end up making neither.

We'll see how it goes...

The goal:
You must be registered for see images

What I'm working with:
You must be registered for see images

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how professional you went in modeling, but speaking from fresh first-timer's experience you may want to buy a plastic 1:25 roadster to replace the metal one, makes things easier and prevents frustration. Believe it or not, proportionwise will work out EXACTLY with only minimal filing and sanding (then again, both my models came from the same manufacturer)!!

My kitbash project definitely takes time, a set of good eyes and patience, the key is not to rush things and do the work in steps but I am not telling you anything new ;) If interested, here is the link:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/635285-Kit-bashing-time-in-1-25