ACR Shock bump and rebound stuck?

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi All,
After driving the car for 2 years and 15,000 miles I have finally decided to play with the adjustments for the shocks. I pulled the front wheels, found the Bump and Rebound adjustments and went to set them to full soft. I used an awl that fits perfectly in the hole. Neither the Bump or Rebound will move more than one notch, and that is only when I use a lot of force. It is the same on the right and the left side. It feels like there may be some grit or fine sand between the adjustment disks. I tried a firm water spray and got them clean, but still I can't seem to get the disks to move. What am I doing wrong? Is there a lock somewhere that has to be depressed to get them to move (It's a 2000 ACR with the Koni 2812's) ? Any advice? Thanks.

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had several stuck also. I used WD 40 and un-stuck all but one rebound. I had to send them off to get rebuilt because the last one I could't fix. The rebuilder said they all needed rebuilt. They replaced alot of parts that were worn out. Also the oil was dirty. I had 15,000 miles on them.

They came back good as new.

OP
OP
V

V10 ACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where did you send them for the rebuild? How long did it take and how much did it cost?

Thanks.

Kurt

George Bryce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to drag race my ACR. I want to make the front shocks extend fast or easy....and compress slow or firm.
If it had regular shocks I would try and get a set of 90/10 front shocks...nowhatimean? Anyone got any good ideas? GB3

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever posted complete instructions on how to adjust the ACR shocks and what such adjustments will do to handling characteristics? Thanks.

Christian

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for street driving u will want to back your compression damning adjustments all the way out to the softest settings. then adjust your rebound adjusters accordingly. for road racing you will want to increase your compression dampning and then reset your rebound accordingly. always set your compression 1st and then set your rebound accordingly.

scoobie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone ever posted complete instructions on how to adjust the ACR shocks and what such adjustments will do to handling characteristics? Thanks.

Christian

Look in my gallery.

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks FastFreddy. I'll give it a try, hopefully this weekend. Scoobie, I printed everything out. Thanks man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960