ACR tire replacement...OEM Sport Cups or PS2's or...??

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 08 ACR and about 11,00 miles. I am replacing with the OEM tires next week. I'm sure there are better tires for different reasons; but, I like the one's that came on it for me.

X2 for me, but mine only lasted 7,300 miles, got mine replaced last weekend. I wanted to keep the car in stock trim (my only mod is 6 point harnesses).

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
been a sport cup guy for years until i tired the Super Sports..... they are almost as sticky on the track and 10 times better in the rain.... and last wayyy longer..... sport cups are for weekend drivers only.... cars n coffee folks that take in 1-2 D.E a year..... OR for guys that mainly track their car and have deep pockets to replace a couple of sets each year...

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
been a sport cup guy for years until i tired the Super Sports..... they are almost as sticky on the track and 10 times better in the rain.... and last wayyy longer..... sport cups are for weekend drivers only.... cars n coffee folks that take in 1-2 D.E a year..... OR for guys that mainly track their car and have deep pockets to replace a couple of sets each year...

Interesting assessment of people you do not know.

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interesting assessment of people you do not know.

i used to be one :)

Dont get me wrong, it is the best DOT tire as far as im concerned and i love them, but they just dont last for those who pound on them with regular use. Expensive habit.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i used to be one :)

Dont get me wrong, it is the best DOT tire as far as im concerned and i love them, but they just dont last for those who pound on them with regular use. Expensive habit.
I am one now, and can't decide if I'm gonna make it better or worse. -stay with the sport cups, step up to the Hoosier R6, try the super sports and be happy with those cuz they last longer and are almost as good as the cups.

tcsracing1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am one now, and can't decide if I'm gonna make it better or worse. -stay with the sport cups, step up to the Hoosier R6, try the super sports and be happy with those cuz they last longer and are almost as good as the cups.

If you run the Cups on multiple track days, you then have to deal with them being well worn when commuting to the grocery store afterwards and such.... and in the rain they ****.....
You will scratch your head when you reach for your wallet to buy another set only to realize that you have not racked up a lot of miles...... you had a lot of fun... but not a lot of miles...

With Super Sports you can run them at the track starting out 22 psi cold and run them all day like a sport cup and with surprisingly confident grip but less visable wear when comapred to sport cups....
Once you get to the mileage where you typically would have to replace sport cups you will be pleasantly surprised that the super sports still have lots of tread left and can still run in the rain better than the sport cup..... very nice feeling when you are using the car for commuting during the season knowing you have lots of tread left....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62