ACR-X at Texas World Speedway

SA HEAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My son goes to Texas A&M and was going to check this out, but now it's closed to the public :(....anyone have any fake press passes?

Dodge to Test New Viper ACR-X at TWS
Written by Lisa Gorzycki
Monday, 22 February 2010 14:12

Dodge to test New Viper ACR-X at Texas World Speedway
** The previous news release concerning the Dodge Viper ACR-X test at Texas World Speedway stated this event was open to the media. Please note that this will be a closed testing event to spectators and the media. The media is invited out at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday following on track time for photos of the model and interviews with engineers. We sincerely regret the inadvertent mistake. Please see the corrected release, with corrections as mentioned above in bold. (February 23, 2010)

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (February 22, 2010) – Dodge is set for a test run in the new 2010 Viper SRT10 ACR-X at Texas World Speedway. This Wednesday and Thursday, Feb. 24-25, Dodge looks to take on the Texas World Speedway road course in the fresh Viper ACR-X as final modifications are completed before its release this summer.

The Viper ACR-X is a non street legal race car designed to compete in the Viper Racing League, Sports Car Club of America and National Auto Sport Association events. Viperheadquarters.com lists that this model utilizes the 600 horsepower ACR as a starting point and with the aid of headers and a low-restriction exhaust system pushes it to a pavement-pounding 640 horsepower. The suspension is upgraded and tuned solely for the track, optimizing its performance on the toughest road courses. Additional aerodynamic upgrades improve downforce, help stability and improve grip in high-speed corners. A full list of specifications can be found at Viper Headquarters | 2010 Dodge Viper SRT10, ACR, ACR-X, Competition Coupe, Vooodoo and 1.33 Special Editions.

Chrysler LLC noted that Dodge engineers recently put the Viper family’s newest addition through its paces on the Sebring International Raceway in Florida where minor modifications and validation tests were ran on the model. It has also undergone a shakedown test at Laguna Seca raceway where Kuno Wittmer, from the SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge Touring Car Championship series, ran consistent 1:31.00 lap times around the 2.238-mile, 11-turn course. That is more than 3 seconds faster than the street-legal Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR that holds the production car track record at Laguna Seca raceway.

Please note this will be a closed test at the Texas World Speedway. Local media outlets are invited out at 5:00 p.m. both days following on track time, for photos and interviews as the new Viper ACR-X tests its limits here in College Station.
-##-

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I attend Texas A&M right now as well. I wonder if anyone at Viper Mag could get me in to shoot it?

Would be great to see it on the track.

Andy

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
dayum...MAYBE I can squeeze in a trip over there...ya, that won't happen :(

Come on man I haven't taken the Viper to school yet LOL. Bring yours up it would be a riot cruising through campus and then over to TWS. Jussayin':D

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on man I haven't taken the Viper to school yet LOL. Bring yours up it would be a riot cruising through campus and then over to TWS. Jussayin':D

Wed and Thursday eh? You live close to campus I take it?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys should get up there to give a show of support. Even if it's just to stand outside the track and cheer when it packs up for the day.

tfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ACR X will also be at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson Texas this Friday & Saturday testing :drive:. You will be able to get up close and check the car out !

We have 3 cars still available in the first group for sale I will be there with Purchase Agreements.

Tom Francis
Viper Race HQ

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To bad they will not let VCA members in. This is an event where membership SHOULD have its privileges, even if it is just to sit in the stands and watch.