ACR-X Totaled at PBIR, West Palm Beach

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My VCA Member Jim Ferrare who is an instructor for Hooked on Driving and owns an ACR sent me this email tonight.

I hope the driver is ok.

HI Ivan,
I was at PBIR today running with HOD, there were 2 white ACR-Xs on the track. It was smoking hot and wet. Unfortunately in the second session one of them went head on into the wall going into Turn 5! The car was a total loss. I didn’t see the accident since I was at the other end of the track with a student. Turn 5 is the slowest corner on the track so I'm not sure how he got the car so out of shape and into the wall. The car was spanking new with Michelon slicks on it, I watched the owner back it out of the trailer in the morning. I guess now there are 24 left?
Jim

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was smoking hot and wet. Unfortunately in the second session one of them went head on into the wall going into Turn 5! The car was a total loss.

OUCH, that has to hurt in a number of ways.:crazy2:
Hope the cage did its job...As they say its only a car:(

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people run in the wet on slicks? It makes no sense to me. Shame, and I too hope driver wasn't hurt.

BTW, note to ACR-X owners, Archer Racing was at Gingerman when the ACRX's were delivered, and every one they checked had a regular street alignment so get your new car to a good alignment shop asap.

Last edited:

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Driver's fine.
2. Track was NOT wet, for rain came later in the day.
3. Car was professionally aligned by arguably the best in the business.
4. Car will be rebuilt.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On a good note, Ted Hughes brought out his ACR-X at the Furstenau Financial/ Woodhouse Dodge Viper track weekend at Motosports Park Hasting, and went the fastest ever for a race prepared Coupe at this track

Previous fastest time was by Randy Pobst in a GT3 Cup World Challenge Car , about a year and a half ago.

Only thing he hit was one pylon lining the course and the car is simply amazing!!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people run in the wet on slicks? It makes no sense to me. Shame, and I too hope driver wasn't hurt.

BTW, note to ACR-X owners, Archer Racing was at Gingerman when the ACRX's were delivered, and every one they checked had a regular street alignment so get your new car to a good alignment shop asap.

IT WOULDNT BE THE ALIGHNMENTS FAULT ANYWAY, YOU CAN ONLY DRIVE THE CAR TO YOUR TALENT AT EVERY SECOND OF THE TRACK, I DONT TRACK RACE- BUT I CAN HOLD MY OWN, I COULD GET IN A ACR-X AND A PRO COULD LAP ME IN A STREET MUSTANG.:confused:

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Driver's fine.
2. Track was NOT wet, for rain came later in the day.
3. Car was professionally aligned by arguably the best in the business.
4. Car will be rebuilt.
Was that you I also saw at Sebring the day before? do you have any more info on your car? the black one that is...looked awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper