ACR

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this Bob Carroll's ACR we are talking about? Of course, Bob is a great guy but I do not know how long ago he sold it. Additionally, it will have seen some hard track miles :D Nothing wrong with that, and my cars all do track time, but some people look at that critically.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, while he owned it. How long ago was that? I doubt Bob's been driving a 2000 for the past 10 years.

Heh, heh. Seriously, glad you are doing your research and are thorough about it.

Ya i drove a ACR yesterday with 13K miles. It was awful. The shocks had to be gone, every nook and cranny hit was like the car was comimg apart. Baked on brake fluid, it was a joke. The console was coming apart and i asked the dude whats that about, his reply was " there all like that" i laughed as i walked away. Somebody is gonna get a low mileage beat to **** ACR on flea bay.

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like they've said, sounds like a great deal if the car is clean and well maintained. I paid @ 39K for an 01 ACR with 9.5K miles a few months ago. Lots of extras and Stoptech brakes, but your example sound very good also. Good luck! Prepare to get bitten! I already have headers and new highflows on the way!

That sounds like a great deal!! I am looking at one now with 5k miles for about 10k more. Can you PM me any further details about your car?

Thanks!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've been posting this pic in almost all of your posts lately. Whats up with that?:confused:

Good luck with the car. The price is right, just hope its clean.

My new 2000 ACR has Koni adj shocks (other than JonBs sale price they're supposed to be over $3,000 each) being as it's the first 6 months of 2000 manufacture date. My forged BBS ACR wheels have been chromed. Venom rear spoiler, Paxton sc, Corsa exhaust, Hi-flow cats, Nitrous Oxide, C02 chiller intercooler system, etc. and the asking price was $48K with 21,000 miles. Price was lowered a bit and I had to buy tires to get out of town, but I really needed a Holiday :) Buy buy buy! 3,000 miles to drive it home.

You must be registered for see images

Red is the ACR Paxton and the Sapphire GTS is a forged piston Roe supercharged car!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That sounds like a great deal!! I am looking at one now with 5k miles for about 10k more. Can you PM me any further details about your car?

Thanks!

Low miles is GREAT! Unless you actually intend to drive it. Seals shrink and crack and all cars need maintenance or they deteriorate.

Driver cars are usually best when they have a few miles on them. All internal engine wear happens before the car warms up. Therefor a city only car wears out quickly and a highway car can last hundreds of thousands of miles (I had 220,000mi on my 4x4 when I sold it last winter).

I plan to wear out a couple of GTSs before I'm done driving, :drive:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Personally, nearly all driven cars get Hi-flow Cats and engineered (Stainless Steel) exhaust and I wouldn't pay a good price if I was going to have to spend $2500+ to upgrade the exhaust when I bought it. Since the gen 3 brakes are superior I recomend at least slotted/drilled rotors for any Gen 2 as the brakes are easy to improve.

Stock is OK for a garage queen, but Gov. required 4 chamber cats and "UPS truck sound" has to GO!

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You've been posting this pic in almost all of your posts lately. Whats up with that?:confused:

Good luck with the car. The price is right, just hope its clean.

It's for sale. Took some work to get the Blue beast out for posing. Changing garages the other day to finish rear brake upgrade. Getting Sapphire GTS ready for car show in May. Hoping to take both?

Ted

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's for sale. Took some work to get the Blue beast out for posing. Changing garages the other day to finish rear brake upgrade. Getting Sapphire GTS ready for car show in May. Hoping to take both?

Ted

Gotcha. Both look great. I dont normally like chromed wheels, but the chromed BBS on your red GTS looks good.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ted, are you talking about going to the Peachland show or the Penticton blossom run? Me and my son planning going to the Kelowna hill climb and stop by Peachland .Always a nice round of cars there.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya i drove a ACR yesterday with 13K miles. It was awful. The shocks had to be gone, every nook and cranny hit was like the car was comimg apart. Baked on brake fluid, it was a joke. The console was coming apart and i asked the dude whats that about, his reply was " there all like that" i laughed as i walked away. Somebody is gonna get a low mileage beat to **** ACR on flea bay.

Too bad that it wasn't what you were looking for. Good ones are out there. Mine has 45000 miles and presents better in many ways than some under 15k mile cars that I've seen.

What's "Baked on brake fluid?"

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ted, are you talking about going to the Peachland show or the Penticton blossom run? Me and my son planning going to the Kelowna hill climb and stop by Peachland .Always a nice round of cars there.

No, I was referring to the Laker's Club show and shine weekend end of May. They usually have 180-200 cars and hand out about 90 prizes. I've always done well there. Won Sat Poker Run once, $100 pre-entry draw once several trophies (picked by contestants) and know most of the guys in the club. Free BBQ Sat. $20 entry I think?

I had entered the Targa Rally and then the Gov. losers wouldn't approve it so it was cancelled. I contacted the Knox Mtn Hill Climb people but they weren't very responsive and told me that my GTS and my Stealth TT require roll cages, etc. Figured that if the city council doesn't want my money I'll keep it until the July Wine Tour and AutoX. I used to go to the Mopars at the Ranch show, but the Gov. raised the Non-profit rent so they discontiued that one as well (Vernon). Instead of that show I now go to Hot Night in the City show, Kamloops.

Waiting for Trevor/TNT to post the dates for Jasper in June.

I tried 100 Mile House show last year, but they're mostly old stuff and the organizers weren't organized so may not do that show this year. I usually do the VCA Father's Day show in Mission, but I'm not sure this year (Jasper).

What are you planning on attending?

You must be registered for see images

Paxton in Red ACR and Roe in Sapphire GTS

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gotcha. Both look great. I dont normally like chromed wheels, but the chromed BBS on your red GTS looks good.

Thanks. I really like the chrome. Stock BBS wheels look good painted Silver, but brake dust scratches even powder coat finishes and dulls paint really bad. Viperpartslarry had a line on NOS BBS wheels on his car when we travelled to Detroit with him. The wheels were darker (light grey?) but they looked great as well.

Ted

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ted , I usually hang out at my friend's place at OK Falls on south Skaha Lake during summer months and check out the Penticton , Peachland shows.Friend of mine races a Camaro at Knox Hill[ he has a Ron Fellows Camaro too] for years and I spectate only.
Here's a short video of my friend's 1930 Austin7 supercharged
Brookland racer we take out to the switchbacks . He also has a 68Lotus Super 7 that's a ball to drive.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_-AfLY0aLo[/media]

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have you done any HP Driving courses with your Viper? I did Portland and plan to do one at Mission Raceway. Nevada has a Silver State Rally that goes 180 miles withe speed classes up to 180mph. I have that on my bucket list to do soon. There's one 2 weeks before Viper Owner's Invitational 11 this year. Wondering of I can afford to get there and VOI?

That Austin looks scary. 3" tires? not wood spoke wheels? LOL.

Ted

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Know it's not intentional, and not trying to play moderator but you guys have hi-jacked Wikkids thread about his search for an ACR. I am actually interested in his original topic. Ted, your red ACR for sale is beautiful, but perhaps a picture thread dedicated to it would be more appropriate. Just a suggestion but the other non-related events and conversation could be done via PM.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Getting back to ACR related topic :), can anyone tell me names of tuners other than Hennessey ,who transforms a 1999 GTS to a ACR 650R. Friend of mine bought one a few years ago from the states , but I can't remember the tuner's name on the decal in the left side of the engine . He decided to sell the car recently , because he has already a 95 R/T Hennessey Viper, a anniversary Countach and DeTomaso Pantera. I questioned him about the lack of ACR wheels on this car , alu flywheels,
ceramic coated headers ,cam and head work, roller rockers , smooth tubes,custom removable exhausts etc....and it's loud .
Wikkid, it could be a clone what you're looking at.Ask for the Vin # and check it on Viper registry.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Know it's not intentional, and not trying to play moderator but you guys have hi-jacked Wikkids thread about his search for an ACR. I am actually interested in his original topic. Ted, your red ACR for sale is beautiful, but perhaps a picture thread dedicated to it would be more appropriate. Just a suggestion but the other non-related events and conversation could be done via PM.

Done that. He's decided to get an 03 (not ACR) and hopefully that works out for him.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vancouver-gts ACR is a factory option.

There were a lot of tuners that built packages similar to the Venoms. Larry Macedo built an M2 1000sc with Roe scs (and Nitrous I think). There was a Shelby option offered by one of the Dealers that was a 25 cars built (With Carrol Shelby's signature.

Willowbrook Chrylser in Langley has a Hennessey and may know more as I saw that he had quite a few Vipers for sale.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang