ACRX Headers review and installation tips

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just put on a set of ACRX headers w/hi flo 2.5'' cats on my 09 ACR - got them from Toddy -BBG . The headers were coated satin black . The fit and finish is very nice they fit very good - even when i thought that i would need to cut 1/2'' from the collector - Toddy told me you've probably put them the other way round-right on left . and BAM he was right , i exchanged them and everything went on great !(make sure the turn out oxygen sensors are looking up ) I also hit accidentally a spark plug - so had to get new ones (put-on 3 ones only as the car had 4000 miles only)

The sound is 100% improved , the car sounds much more aggressive but with no annoying sounds - mine is with a corsa track 2.5'' catback. I took a short drive after i put them on and holy crap this thing spins much more in 1st and 2nd !!! the power increase is very noticeable by the seat of my pants .(much more than what my SRT ram gained from long tube mopar headers!)

The installation took me 12-13 hrs working slowly alone. 8-9 of those hrs was on the passenger side - its much more tight and difficult to remove the OEM header or put the new one in !! The biggest problem for me was removing the OEM passenger side header . I had to remove the engine valve cover on the passenger side for it to go out- i tried for 2 hours and it would not got out no matter what i do - so the valve cover was a must !! I even cut the OEM heat shield on the header using a dremmel but it still didn't come out - removing the valve cover was the only solution .The water bottle was also always getting into the way but i didn't take it off , just move it out of the way with the hoses attached .

Trying to get to the collector bolts was not easy - some can be tightened from the top and some from under the car .

Lifting the engine was not difficult at all - it was the thing i was afraid of doing - infact it was pretty simple - just watch the top of the engine so that it does not hit the cowl.

I can see the installation taking much less time with another set of hands helping (my house is full of ladies -a wife and three princesses !)

All in all a great mod that i would recommend to anyone - it makes the car sound the way it should .Not V8 mustang sound but a more exotic sound.

I want also to thank Toddy Gomez for putting up with my zillion emails with silly questions and being there every single time . thanks man you are the best.

will try posting up some videos soon.

Sherif :2tu:

Last edited:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd is more than helpful and understands the importance, pride of ownership, and value of good customer relationships. Ask him anything....... Great guy

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my Gen 4, removing the plastic windsheild cowling, wipers, water bottle and hoses allowed the stock manifold to slip out. Also, when lifting the motor, I think it helped lifting it from the passenger side (not straight up) so it goes up and tilts to towards the drivers side a little. Use plenty of blue painters tape to protect the valve covers, etc. I've seen others remove the valve covers so you're not alone.

Enjoy the ride!

Cheers,
George

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4