ACRX Headers

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The downstream sensor can be unplugged with the Belangers and Mopar PCM combo with no CEL. I have done it.

Dan already said that MP controller will work without the downstream sensors.
What he mentioned was to use those headers (Belangers and ACRX) with the stock controller.

I would expect at least from ACRX to work since the sensor is located right after the merge section.

Dan tried it and still looks that the cats do not get heated enough and cooperate with that sensor properly.

madbrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please can we see detailed photos of the genuine acrx headers including the ports and spike so we know what we are looking at ????

sssammm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set and had to have the whole damn lot rewelded to the flanges, the centre joint flanges were pissed and had 2 different screw tap sizes, had to get them skimmed, the cat pipes werent opened enough to get the header end in, cost me £600 to get the stuff fixed,
After all this i dont have the confidence to fit them

Im not very happy

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan already said that MP controller will work without the downstream sensors.
What he mentioned was to use those headers (Belangers and ACRX) with the stock controller.

I would expect at least from ACRX to work since the sensor is located right after the merge section.

Dan tried it and still looks that the cats do not get heated enough and cooperate with that sensor properly.

You can't disconnect downstream O2 sensors and keep the stock controller.

madbrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set and had to have the whole damn lot rewelded to the flanges, the centre joint flanges were pissed and had 2 different screw tap sizes, had to get them skimmed, the cat pipes werent opened enough to get the header end in, cost me £600 to get the stuff fixed,

Im not very happy

is it possible to post detailed photos of these headers you had problems with ?

if Toddy posts pictures of the genuine article, we can then compare

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Im not very happy

Sam,

In light of your unfortunate situation we at BBG have set in place our Resolution Program to help VCA members who have been sold these sub-standard ACRX header copies. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will work with you to resolve your delema. Our goal as a site supporting vendor and "Home of the ACRX Headers" is to help you with that most important "piece of mind" that's expected by our group (Quality comes first)!

We at BBG make this offer to all who have been duped or misled by the named vendor.

Thanks for your consideration,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy Gomez - President

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Last edited:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We at BBG make this offer to all who have been duped or misled by the named vendor.

I was on the phone just yesterday with said vendor, discussing the possible purchase of the Areo cat-back system..... Now I'm wondering about where the Aero cat-backs were made, and the quality level of that product. :dunno: Now, I'm glad the wife balked at the purchase over the weekend (come to find out, I've been modifying the Viper too much lately :()

In addition, I'm not a supporter of this "knock-off" activity (especially with China) and even wondering about doing business now. :dunno: :dunno: I find this troubling, and don't know whether to walk or Run :omg:

This knock-off crap and the collusion that allows it, is one of the larger problems this Country currently has. Thank you Wal-Mart for making it fashionable, never mind how many Americans lose their livelihood in the process. You know, not everyone is cut-out for being an investment banker, not everyone desires higher education. Mfg. jobs allow those that proudly make that choice and/or enjoy working with their hands the opportunity to be gainfully employed ...... that was until 30-40 years ago when those jobs started to be exported, and this Country/economy has never been the same.

Come on Guys, what's happened to National Pride, it's up to us to "vote with our wallets" that's the only way we'll ever be heard :usa: :usa: :usa: (I guess, I might have just dated myself a bit :omg:)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting situation and questions being raised about knock-offs and China. I suppose it needs to be put into proper perspective on a case-by-case basis. Some of our site sponsors do indeed produce and/or sell copies of products. I purchased a copy of the Mopar RT/10 spoiler by a beloved site sponsor.

Mopar no longer makes the original and this vendor found a way to fill that void. I suspect that the "Mopar-Like" RT/10 spoiler was made in China. Quality is very high, painter had no issues with it and I had no issues installing it. Customer service was great. Heck...it even came with a copy of the original Mopar installation instructions.

We have some site sponsors that produce copies of products (legally I assume) be it aero, exhaust, body panels, etc. I suspect some are not produced in the USA, for whatever reason, but if quality was poor these vendors, most likely, would not be selling these parts to the Viper nation. Certainly not to discerning VCA members here.

I'd hate to see our site sponsors suffer because of this one isolated incident and hopefully we've all learned something from it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i didnt see the ebay ad. were these chinese made headers sold AS ACRX headers made by BBG ?

if so, thats wrong. but to buy a set of headers from BBG and send them off to china to "copy" and poorly it seems and resell them as headers similar to the headers used on the ACRX, makes sense and who cares ?

its always buyer beware... you cant buy a ~ $2000 set of headers for $500, it aint gonna happen.

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i didnt see the ebay ad. were these chinese made headers sold AS ACRX headers made by BBG ?

if so, thats wrong. but to buy a set of headers from BBG and send them off to china to "copy" and poorly it seems and resell them as headers similar to the headers used on the ACRX, makes sense and who cares ?

its always buyer beware... you cant buy a ~ $2000 set of headers for $500, it aint gonna happen.

It was as "ACRX Style".
It was $875.

Could it ever be BBG...? :dunno:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting situation and questions being raised about knock-offs and China. I suppose it needs to be put into proper perspective on a case-by-case basis. Some of our site sponsors do indeed produce and/or sell copies of products. I purchased a copy of the Mopar RT/10 spoiler by a beloved site sponsor.

Mopar no longer makes the original and this vendor found a way to fill that void. I suspect that the "Mopar-Like" RT/10 spoiler was made in China. Quality is very high, painter had no issues with it and I had no issues installing it. Customer service was great. Heck...it even came with a copy of the original Mopar installation instructions.

We have some site sponsors that produce copies of products (legally I assume) be it aero, exhaust, body panels, etc. I suspect some are not produced in the USA, for whatever reason, but if quality was poor these vendors, most likely, would not be selling these parts to the Viper nation. Certainly not to discerning VCA members here.

I'd hate to see our site sponsors suffer because of this one isolated incident and hopefully we've all learned something from it.

Oh if that were only true. :(

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, finally the debate is about "China" or "Knock-offs" generally?

Who knows? :dunno: I'm certain it'll meander all over the place anyway. If there's one positive to this story, it's that BBG is getting a lot of free advertising...but for the wrong reason or the right reason depending on how one looks at it. Some good has to come out of this. :)

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree, it's always buyer beware, especially these days with the common place of 'lack of integrity' in business. I also, must mention here the refreshing business experiences I've had recently with site supporting vendors, that at least makes me think there's hope among those of us with integrity. :2tu:

But, as a novice to both Hot Rods and to Vipers (my first), I wouldn't have known a High-Quality set of Viper headers cost $875 vs. $2000 (but, I appreciate the opportunity to learn here everyday) ....... I could have easily been suckered :omg:

Caution, there are Newbs amongst us :)

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Im not very happy

So is $875 + 600 = ~ $1500. Still cheaper than BBG!

You SHOULD be happy! :D :D :D :D

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure you could buy some flex exhaust pipe and get someone to weld them up like REAL ACR-X headers by Bad Boyzzz Garage, however no matter how little you pay, it won't work like the real product which is tested and quality control checked. If I owned a Kia and wanted headers, well a knock-off might be a good solution....but I don't, I own a rare Viper (as do most of the rest of You posting here) and I paid a fair price for it.

If I'm going to modify my Baby, I'm gonna put proper parts on it, not a knock-off, not a generic off-brand part either. I take pride in my car and if I'm gonna show up at a club dyno day, I want my car to be one of the better examples of my year, hoping that modifications I've done used quality parts that enhance the performance of my car and not inhibit the potent performance Dodge engineering into my car.

Lastly, we have some high quality vendors here, who do a hell of a job to ensure what we want is available to us and I want them here around til I drop dead, cause I plan on owning my Viper til then! I like seeing my Viper vendors at events and although I haven't bought a lot of stuff from them, I know I can look them squrely in the eye knowing I wouldn't screw them over by buying a knock-off to save 10-20%.

I learned my ebay lesson long ago with a pair of knock-off Hugo Boss shirts.......so I educated myself how to spot knock-off shirts. Thankfully knock-off Hugo Boss shirts cost a lot less than headers and don't make my Viper run like a ****.

Regards,
Aaron

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sure you could buy some flex exhaust pipe and get someone to weld them up like REAL ACR-X headers by Bad Boyzzz Garage, however no matter how little you pay, it won't work like the real product which is tested and quality control checked. If I owned a Kia and wanted headers, well a knock-off might be a good solution....but I don't, I own a rare Viper (as do most of the rest of You posting here) and I paid a fair price for it.

If I'm going to modify my Baby, I'm gonna put proper parts on it, not a knock-off, not a generic off-brand part either. I take pride in my car and if I'm gonna show up at a club dyno day, I want my car to be one of the better examples of my year, hoping that modifications I've done used quality parts that enhance the performance of my car and not inhibit the potent performance Dodge engineering into my car.

Lastly, we have some high quality vendors here, who do a hell of a job to ensure what we want is available to us and I want them here around til I drop dead, cause I plan on owning my Viper til then! I like seeing my Viper vendors at events and although I haven't bought a lot of stuff from them, I know I can look them squrely in the eye knowing I wouldn't screw them over by buying a knock-off to save 10-20%.

I learned my ebay lesson long ago with a pair of knock-off Hugo Boss shirts.......so I educated myself how to spot knock-off shirts. Thankfully knock-off Hugo Boss shirts cost a lot less than headers and don't make my Viper run like a ****.

Regards,
Aaron

Yes , you are right, Vipers are not ordinary cars.
For this reason they deserve the highest quality/performance parts, especially when has to do with upgrade.

Although, I do not convict vendors selling imitation/knock-off parts since they stay legitimate.

It is up to the buyer to decide if he finally wants to buy cheap knock-offs or expensive performance parts. And we are not talking for 20-30%.
You saw at the ebay auction, they finally got sold for $875, and not at $2900 they sell at BBG. It is a huge differnce!

I would not care to give it a try (which I did, and finally did not regret it) even if at the end I had to throw them to the trash can.

Let the buyer decide himself of what he finally wants to choose.

Our obligation is to provide facts and details so he can decide himself, and not direct him to particular directions.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do the BBG headers cost ? gotta be at least 2k ?

and all this conspiracy happened on ebay correct ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets