adjusting acr suspension, the knobs and how to work them

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you adjust them. I had the wheels off yesterday installing hid fogs and lights, nice price of 150 bucks for a pair of hid 6k fogs and 6k low beams.

Well I'm looking at this thing and turning the wheel, it goes 3 or 4 clicks to the right or left and then 13 clicks the other direction. Is there any manual or thread on how to adjust these?

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you. Good help those sheets.
When I got my x-race acr six years ago, the thing was super low. I use the car only on the street, so I had to play with the shocks till the car cleared the speed bumps.
They're pretty self explanetory really, but it's good to have proper instructions.

mgae1946

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any recommended street settings for the 08 ACR rebound and compression other then what the manual and Viper Magazine have?
Any dip or uneveness in the road cause the tires to lose traction under hard acceleration in second and third. NOTE: Gears have been changed to 3:53, belanger headers and exhuast with modified ECU. Would really like to get those 13" wide tires to stick over slight bumps.....

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any recommended street settings for the 08 ACR rebound and compression other then what the manual and Viper Magazine have?
Any dip or uneveness in the road cause the tires to lose traction under hard acceleration in second and third. NOTE: Gears have been changed to 3:53, belanger headers and exhuast with modified ECU. Would really like to get those 13" wide tires to stick over slight bumps.....

I would check yours carefully, mine came from the factory set full hard in the rear, and if you study the ACR manual you can see how that might have happened.
When you view the fronts you are visualizing 'UP" from the bottom of the car, but move to the back and you have to visualize "DOWN" from the top of the car, so someone setting them quickly moving from front to back could easily screw up using clockwise or counterclockwise on both without revisualizing front to back.
Sounds screwy but study the pics in the manual, it's in the illustrated upgrades.
My rear felt like it was leaving the road going over the strips connecting road to bridge on good highways just cruising, not even under hard acceleration.
Night and day when changed

OP
OP

2kgtsacr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey dave do you have the pics fromt hat screen shot it doesn't have the figures it mentions Liek when I pull off the wheel should I adjust the knob looking from the outside of the car or adjust from looking from under the car?