Adjusting shocks on 97 GTS for Eibachs?

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aloha all, had a quick question....

Planning on installing some Eibach's on my GTS this coming weekend and I recall reading somewhere on the forums that I'd have to adjust the shocks for the Eibachs. Can anyone give me any insight to what needs to be done, setting, etc?

Thanks gang!

Aloha, Dave :drive:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start by turning them to full soft then counting the half turns to full stiff. This is your total range(that may vary from the koni spec)

Having a friend mark with a pen/marker After you push down to engage the adjustment can assist in seeing the exact # of turns. Make certain that once engaged that you keep pressure down as it is possible for the shock to come up alittle without you noticing thinking that you are adjusting but realy not.

adjusting them to about half of your range(halfway between soft/stiff) is a good street setting to match eibachs. (i run this on the street and track)

OP
OP
E

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dom & MT - Mahalo for the help you guys gave. Completed the install today, the toughest part was getting the car onto the 4 jacks. The removal and install were simple and the adjustment was a snap. The car has already dropped an inch and I'm sure it'll settle down just a bit more.