Advice on SF Bay area window tinting?

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a bay area tint shop? I want to have a brow done across the top of my windshield and say goodbye forever to the visors. I also want to have my Durango done. When you see so many cars driving around with the lovely bubbled tint in the rear window, I don't just want to pick out of the yellow pages.

Thanks.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing worse than bubbling tint that turns purple......
Check out Preferred Image - 650-366-8468. They have done a great job on a few of my cars, and the one time I had a *small* issue, the fixed it at no charge - and this was 18 months or so after the did the original job. They are off 101 in San Mateo. It has been a few years since I used them, so check out some of their work (and warranty) to make sure you are comfortable w/ the quality. I think they will do you right.

Todd Richmond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silicon Valley Auto Glass (463 Blossom Hill Rd #B - 408-225-4404). They have done 5 cars for me, including 2 RX-7s that are very difficult and recently tinted my 97 GTS for $289(3 windows). They do numerous BMWs and other expensive cars. They have two brands of tint, Onyx and Granite. I had Granite on my other cars, but Onyx is more grey/black and looks better on my blue/white Viper. I picked the lightest tint for the front windows and 2 shades darker for the back, but would probably pick only 1 shade darker next time. The darker color adds a little too much distortion for me, though some people may like it.

I have never had even the slightest peeling or bubbles, even in a wagon with a german shepherd banging her collar on it. Expect a few very small bubbles at first that will go away in a few days and then just use water to clean - NO AMONIA.

Todd