aftermarket valve covers

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if Apex still sells these. If so, they come brushed rather than chromed. I like shiny. :D

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if Apex still sells these. If so, they come brushed rather than chromed. I like shiny. :D

Those are cool but I think they was like 1200 bucks for them.

Nice pieces though.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apex VC's were cost prohibitive for an asthetic mod. They were the price of a set of headers!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apex VC's were cost prohibitive for an asthetic mod. They were the price of a set of headers!

Agree on the cost issue, but daim they are nice! :eek: :usa:

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too much for an asthetic mod? How much for HRE wheels? What do they cost per each wheel? They start out as big blocks of aluminum just like these Valve Covers. These Valve Covers each start out as 50 pound blocks of billet aluminum. The cost of the raw material is $150.00. Now machine them all out and polish and plate them. There can be 40+ Vipers at an event, and as soon as I open my hood, everybody comes and looks at my engine more than anybody elses car. I'd say that is a pretty good mod for the money. They walk right past the guys with 4 HRE's on their car costing around 4-5k ;-)

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent points Dennis, except most HRE's people are buying these days (19" R series) are more like 7-8k. :D The valve covers truly are works of art, and kudos to Apex for stepping up and having something made that no one else has.

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could put on a Duck suit and stand next to your Viper and probally get even more attention than the super shiney value covers!

Sorry V for busting your chops, I'm just kidding around. I am NOT a fan of any mod that does not make you go faster or stop quicker.

OP
OP
S

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could put on a Duck suit and stand next to your Viper and probally get even more attention than the super shiney value covers!

Sorry V for busting your chops, I'm just kidding around. I am NOT a fan of any mod that does not make you go faster or stop quicker.

Clearly for the money you have spent on your car you could have purchased something ALOT faster that stops ALOT better. The viper looking so damn sweet doesnt make it any faster. :) Neither do those stripes.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's also begging for some triple chrome plating! Vipermed sells the Roe blower kit already plated for a surprising price. Mine's on the way. :p :usa:

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's another shot of a APEX valve cover without the full chrome -

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know JonB at the PartsRack is carrying these valve covers at $1049 a set, though they're not yet on his Web site.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who chromes the intake/fuel rails?

You should be able to get any competent plater to do the air intake tubes. I had the fuel rails polished instead of chromed to avoid problems from dipping them.

Here's a sideview:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960