Airbag Light

ddasilva99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2004 SRT/10 and my airbag light comes on when I hit a bump then turns off after 10 secs to a couple of minutes. Sometimes the light comes on if I do not hit a bump and then goes away.

It is really annoying seeing the airbag light :)
How do I go about diagnosing this problem?

Thanks in advance,
D

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an airbag light too on my 2003. I think it's because the passenger side airbag is off, but I can't figure how to turn it back on (don't have an owner's manual).

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the switch to turn the passenger airbag on and off is located inside the center console next to the power plug/lighter. Simply insert your key and turn.

Steve A.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, I found out mine is on because of a bad "clockspring"? It's on backorder, which suits me because it's going to be about a $350 fix. I'm inclined to just let it be, and let it stay on!

Reaction score
If the original owner had a seat lowering kit or something the plug under the seat could be loose or pinched, I would start there.

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2004 SRT/10 and my airbag light comes on when I hit a bump then turns off after 10 secs to a couple of minutes. Sometimes the light comes on if I do not hit a bump and then goes away.

It is really annoying seeing the airbag light :)
How do I go about diagnosing this problem?

Thanks in advance,
D

OP
OP
D

ddasilva99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you all for your post. I went to the Ontario Dodge Dealer in Mississauga and they scanned the code for free (nice guys).

They said the code is coming from the driver's seat belt assembly. It will cost $280 for the part + 3hrs work is $580CDN + Taxes.

Should I bite down and go for the repair or is this a DIY job?

Thanks,
D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seems excessive to install just the buckle and hook up the wire, I would think 1hr. MAX

Unbolt seat, tilt out wards, remove belt from track and replace, plug in and reinstall seat bolts.

OP
OP
D

ddasilva99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts mjorgensen. Apparently it will take 3 hours because they need to go in from underneath the convertible top and replace the seat belt assembly.

Does that change your statement?

Thanks,
D

Reaction score
If it is electrical with the buckle why are they replacing the whole belt? If that is the only way they say they can do it then I guess that amount is fair, I would look for just the buckle myself.

Good luck