Rain baffle mounted on Aluminum plate.

You must be registered for see images

More pics soon!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine:

I assume the purpose of the exercise is to have a temporary rain baffle should really nasty conditions prevail, but otherwise enjoy the benefits of laminar flow. Agreed?

OP
OP
N

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Joe, that was my exact reason / thoughts. Except in old wet UK the baffled plate spends most of its time back in the box!

Here's a pic of the changeable smooth plate, for linear air flow to those K&Ns.

Here's a plate in situ on the airbox.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My engineering background tells me that the gains achieved from this plate are probably very small, if not insignificant. Can anyone verify that there is a gain, with before and after dyno data?

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've wondered if I could make up a plate which had a hinged rain baffle held in the down position by manifold vacuum and able to spring up out of the way at full throttle and minimal vacuum. An old diaphragm unit from a carb might do the trick. Could be a winter project
smile.gif
Any input or thoughts ?

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't bother dyno'ing before and after removing the baffle.... you won't see an increase.... only possible increase in power would be at higher speeds...

the hinged idea sounds good.... as long as your not going really fast in the rain....
smile.gif

I can tell you that I saw an increase of 13 rwhp from back to back runs, with (K&N's) and without filters in the box.... so more filter area, or better flowing filters would certainly cause in increase in power...

Brooks