Alingment Question

SRT BEE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just put on Eibach springs and lowering caps and I want to know what you guys are doing for alignment specs. Are you using stock specs or do I need to do use differant spec for a lowered car or is there anything use guys have changed to the specs that works better for handling or stability?

Shadowman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just put on Eibach springs and lowering caps and I want to know what you guys are doing for alignment specs. Are you using stock specs or do I need to do use differant spec for a lowered car or is there anything use guys have changed to the specs that works better for handling or stability?

Sadly I cannot answer the question based on history however I suspect that an OEM spec'd alignment would be fine. Others will likely share their experience with maybe a bit more camber as well as caster depending on whether street, a road course, or the strip.

Having shared this I have a question for you; did you try the lowering caps before the springs and if so how much did it lower the gal? Second question; how much did the combination lower the gal?

Thank you and all the best with her

Shadowman

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT BEE, I have springs ordered but not caps. I was wondering is springs are enough or should I do caps also. Any before and after pics?

OP
OP
S

SRT BEE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will take the car out of the shop tomorrow if I get a chance and post up a picture. I tried it both ways with just the springs and just the caps. I think you need to do both. Each are about 5/8". One thing I notice when you do the springs you need to tighten the mounting bolts with the car on the ground otherwise it holds up the ride hieght.

Shadowman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will take the car out of the shop tomorrow if I get a chance and post up a picture. I tried it both ways with just the springs and just the caps. I think you need to do both. Each are about 5/8". One thing I notice when you do the springs you need to tighten the mounting bolts with the car on the ground otherwise it holds up the ride hieght.

Thank you

Is there a chance that you have some pictures you progressed through the project; i.e caps, springs, and then with both?

I ask because the pictures shown by the fellow that sells the caps is IMO misleading because when viewing the site and considering the caps he has pictures of a lowered gal as such IMO one would believe that this would become the stance if they are used however the disclaimer is "by the way this gal has both caps and springs" as such the stance with the caps is speculation at best.

All the best

Shadowman

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will order caps tomorrow and thanks for the tip on tightening the bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine