ALMS site lacking SRT team support items for sale?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the ALMS site there is an area for buying your favorite team shirts etc. just as there is for Grand AM, Nascar and others. But cannot imagine why there are NO items available from the SRT team via the ALMS site. Corvette, BMW, and others have team items for sale all the time on the site. You would think SRT would have the same for those wanting such and to generate some profit plus get their brand out a lot more?:dunno:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was chatting to some of the SRT guys at Le mans, they were keen to listen to ideas about merchandise but sadly the marketing was lacking at Le mans. There was one small tent in the Le mans village which was selling some merchandise but it was very expensive :( Sadly I think they missed the trick, but to be fair this is the first season.

You need to make and sell products that EVERYONE can afford. Audi know this only too well.

Give away paper SRT flags,
Base ball caps at a cheaper price ;) Or even the push out paper sun hats. Its all about getting the General race fans wearing the product even if they can not afford the car.
You could have dark blue ponchos with SRT GTSR printed on the back, Pens, key rings, umbrellas, hell even the big foam hands printed with GO SRT If you look at the spectators in lemans Half of them are wearing something Audi!

Big SRT flags with a pop up / folding pole for fans to carry around.
Go one better with a plastic covered Gazebo, dark blue plastic with SRT logo, You do not need the expencive pop up material Gazebos that race teams use, just some wall mart cheap ones that keep the rain or sun off for a weekend or two ;)

Corvette marketing is very good, but to be fair, they have been doing it for a while now ;)

As a Viper owner I did buy 2 Baseball caps and 2 SRT sports shirts, but the prices were rather high! Other owners decided not to buy the products becuase of the prices ;)

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This really is their second year and advertising merchandise is not just lacking on the ALMS site but at Le Mans apparently and at all venues. Im surprised Ralph does not take this by the horns and run with it. GM had items for sale on the ALMS site the first year they were out running. http://store.alms.com/home.php?cat=248

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prices of that apparel on the ALMS Site is a bargain, We got hammered buying the SRT stuff at Lemans £25.00 for a Baseball cap! (almost $50)

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prices of that apparel on the ALMS Site is a bargain, We got hammered buying the SRT stuff at Lemans £25.00 for a Baseball cap! (almost $50)
Sounds like it but buying from the track vendors are always higher due to convenience and the middle man.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did OK...... ... But yes they could do with more SRT merchandise Lanyards, pens, keyrings ect ect....

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try buying merchandise from the driveSRT site or SRTshop.com. Its really difficult unless you are one of the few sizes they have available. For example, the SRT mens jacket is not available in L or XL. The SRT mens polo shirt is only available in S. Their site has been like this for at least the last 2 months, they need to get some inventory.

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I was at the ALMS race at Lime Rock this past weekend, and SRT actually had quite a bit of merchandise available. Here is a link to the online order form where you can the crew shirt as well as t-shirs for both the #91 and #93 cars: http://www.drivesrt.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/GTSR_MerchandiseOrderFormPDF.pdf

Additionally, if you email [email protected], they will send you the full brochure of items available. I have attached the brochure they sent to me. They're working on making the online shopping easier, but have been busy at the races as well as travelling.