And then there were two!

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, it took a year and a half, but someone in my town (actually next town over) finally bought a Gen 3! We know the same people so as soon as I found out he bought a gen 3 I got his number from a friend and called him up at like 10 am. He has had his Viper for about 2 months. We will have a new VCA member later this week! He was still at work when I called but we were both so excited we agreed to play hookey from work and leave early to meet up and discuss our cars. He has a red bone stock 04...Viper red on a Gen 3 (or any Gen) is just sick! We met up and talked about our cars and went cruising...basically creating hell all thru New Haven, CT! I wanted to make sure he understood the nuances of the Viper (crappy PS1's, sick torque that will cause u to spin out..etc). But turns out he had a silver 04 Vette that I raced about a year ago. He said I pulled off and left him like a motorcycle! He said he had never seen acceleration like that (and that was before my built motor and cam!) and he knew right then he was gettin a Viper!

So, after a year and a half of lonely hunting and Viper Tony not answering his phone :D (he is one town over too and a great friend) and my friend Terrance whose Viper is always in the shop, and Racer Robbie who didnt respond to my pm...and I also believe Tusc Viper is down...my wife and I go Vipering (and hunting for victims) every Sunday...alone. It *****. But No more!

This kid is just as crazy and competitive as I am, and even though I got him by close to 90 hp...he likes to line up and punch it! Now I feel like a real Viper owner all over again! So, no longer am I the lone ranger...it is one thing to have a Viper..its altogether different to have a local buddy w/ one also...time to go and seriously hurt some feelings in the sports car world! First there was just me..and then there were two! :2tu:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***? is this a happy feel good thread? I want your suggestions on how to bring a new comer to the Viper world! Chime in!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THats good to hear! I got a quick question for ya. Why would you build the motor and cams etc instead of just spending probably close to the same money for a paxton install and probably have alot more hp?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cause when he does go paxton, he'll have a ton more power than stock.....thats why.

sounds like you're gonna have fun keith.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats great!!! There is a unexplainable feeling when ILSMOQ, BLWNGTS, and myself go out on the weekends. 3 Vipers out terrorizing the streets catches everyones attention and brings out the cameras. Its so much fun driving the Viper, but even better when you look to your left or right and see a couple more. We go out almost every weekend in the summer and drive and get lunch. Theres the big Viper crusies, but knowing you can call up your buddy with a Viper at any time and go for a drive is fun.

Now we will have to see if you too get caught up in the HP war, its no fun being the slower friend. But as long as your beating everyone else on the streets, I guess it doesnt matter who's faster.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats great!!! There is a unexplainable feeling when ILSMOQ, BLWNGTS, and myself go out on the weekends. 3 Vipers out terrorizing the streets catches everyones attention and brings out the cameras. Its so much fun driving the Viper, but even better when you look to your left or right and see a couple more. We go out almost every weekend in the summer and drive and get lunch. Theres the big Viper crusies, but knowing you can call up your buddy with a Viper at any time and go for a drive is fun.

Now we will have to see if you too get caught up in the HP war, its no fun being the slower friend. But as long as your beating everyone else on the streets, I guess it doesnt matter who's faster.
Damn right it will start a hp war! It is a lot of fun! I am accelerating my plans to go forced induction...well...you know why!:headbang:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THats good to hear! I got a quick question for ya. Why would you build the motor and cams etc instead of just spending probably close to the same money for a paxton install and probably have alot more hp?
What plum said!

V

Venomiss

It's nice to find other Viper owners to spend time with. Get him to join!

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its wierd to hear a stock Viper again...anyone say "UPS truck?":rolaugh: Funny thing is, even though stock SRT's are somewhat quiet, their acceleration will fool you. It is strange to see him take off like a rocket and the car not wake up the entire neighborhood like mine does.

Also, this is my first time really around a red SRT. I cannot stress how gorgeous Viper red is!:2tu:

We are gonna line up from the dig as soon as the weather breaks...I will keep u guys posted.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, after a year and a half of lonely hunting and Viper Tony not answering his phone :D (he is one town over too and a great friend) and my friend Terrance whose Viper is always in the shop, and Racer Robbie who didnt respond to my pm...and I also believe Tusc Viper is down...my wife and I go Vipering (and hunting for victims) every Sunday...alone. It *****. But No more!

LOL...I thought I heard 'stereo' Mamba's this past Sunday. For a second, I was thinking maybe you upgraded your exhaust. Very cool you got a playmate. I will be out and about soon. I'm doing a bunch of minor things to the Viper and have it up on stands. SS brake lines, pulley/bracket swap, clutch lowering kit, and stripes. Doubtful I'll be done this Sunday but the 23rd looks good. Maybe I can get my neighbor out with us...he has an '00 steel gray he hasn't driven for a while.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, we lined up last night...he kicked my ass from 0-60! He had me by a nose at 60. I have PS2's, but the back tires are getting kinda slick, I had a 215 lb passenger, he was alone and has 4 brand spanking new PS1's. I fishtailed sideways...he stayed straight and got me by a nose to 60. Then we hit second. Again, nose to nose until I hit like 4500 rpm and I started pulling him. Then to third...I started pulling him immediately, then onto forth. We got up to 145 mph from a roll on and I only had him by maybe 2.5 car lengths! SRT's are nothing to play with!

This is amazing! I have never raced another Viper b4 and I am really stunned by how fast these motherf*****'s are! I have let many Vettes and Porsches hit first, and I always catch them and shoot by them, even w/ my 150lb wife in the car. My friend Terrance who was riding w/ me has a Gen 1 that is having work done to it now, weighs around 215. The last time I raced lasts night and we passed the stock red SRT Terrance waved goodbye to him while we passed him, or else I thought that was what he was doing. Terrance later explained to me he was warning me of the curve coming up. I told him I had done this many times, but not to worry.
Strange thing is this: Our last race went up to like 150..when I shifted back to neutral from 5th, the Viper swerved a little and and then straightened back up. Very unnerving and that has never happened before. She shifted her position a little from the sudden drop in power, even though I shifted to neutral and not a lower gear. Just a little FYI for u guys that are not used to the high speeds in the Viper.
So yes, Mike R, the HP war is on. He is already talking paxton after last night. I told him no matter what he does I am going to still kick his ass...cuz I got a paxton on the way too!

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith: Glad you have a new 'playmate' (other than your own cars and Crystal of course!) in the neighborhood!!! Sounds like you'all had a BLAST!!! We have a few in our neck o' the woods, but they don't ever seem to be out and about when we are. So, now Paxton, huh?!!! Does it EVER end, LOL!!??!
~~~HAVE FUN, but BE SAFE too....juli