*ANOTHER* Corsa Track Question

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so im about to buy the corsa track exhaust. my question is do i get the exhaust with 3" opening on both ends for hi-flo cats or do i get the 3"-2.5" for stock cats (which apparently are hi-flo from the factory). which set up do you have and how do you like it?

Frank17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the corsa and will be installed next month by Chuck. He suggested staying with the stock cats as they are hi flow..
I have same 2005 vert...good color..

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 2.5 track with stock cats, LOVE the sound. I agree, there is really not a need for highflow cats, save your money. Some people say the 2.5 sounds better to, and less like a UPS truck.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
high flow cats...no comment. Don't waste your time on the 2.5" do the 3" pipes. If you don't want to buy the 3" high flow cat set up, buy a 3" to 2.5" reducer and put that in place of the secondary cat. Then connect that to your new 3" Corsa. Easy to upgrade the rest of your exhaust later. That's how I did it. I've got headers now.

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
high flow cats...no comment. Don't waste your time on the 2.5" do the 3" pipes. If you don't want to buy the 3" high flow cat set up, buy a 3" to 2.5" reducer and put that in place of the secondary cat. Then connect that to your new 3" Corsa. Easy to upgrade the rest of your exhaust later. That's how I did it. I've got headers now.

that was pretty much what i wanted to hear. thanks

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there have been a bunch of threads on ways to do this.... There was a good one a few weeks ago in the Gen II forum...I posted in it, if that helps you find it.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd like to hear that set up in person, probably sounds nice. Any sound clips by any chance?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to hear that set up in person, probably sounds nice. Any sound clips by any chance?

Niel, it sounds almost the same as a Corsa with 3" high flow cats...with the 3" pipes it's a hair louder/tougher.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

im actually getting that exhaust from him. whos is zoro? could he beat that price?
ZORO Just put a Corsa on his car and bought it at a really good price....said it was better than e-bay.

I don't think you will be able to beat that ebay price anywhere for the 3". That is a great price.

Neal, I like your rotors , I'd like to go with a set of those when the time comes, are you going to keep them in stock after the group buy? :2tu: also, does your KW kit come with springs?

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm new to Viper ownership and learning, but I've heard different stories, so at this point I'm really not sure.

Does the Corsa Track system eliminate the rear cats and the crossover, which in turn reduce the side sill heat problem?

TIA

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm new to Viper ownership and learning, but I've heard different stories, so at this point I'm really not sure.

Does the Corsa Track system eliminate the rear cats and the crossover, which in turn reduce the side sill heat problem?

TIA

Corsa track only eliminates the cross over. Cat removal is up to you to engineer...unless you pick up the 3" Random Tech high flow set up.

Crossover removal will eliminate some heat and removing the 2nd cat will help too.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I am keeping mine, not selling :)

I will add in the next couple of weeks that little muffler ahead of the corsa's hopefully will take the edge off. I only need a little bit extra sound reduction

Best price I found 3" Corsa for was at LMperformance.com (1,170 with shipping) but I just checked now to post the link and the price went back up to 1300's....

I just use froogle.com to find the best prices for anything on the web, I strongly suggest it.

Cheers!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ILLSMOQ, thanks for posting those sounds clips, I haven't come cross those before, that is exactly the type of sound I'm looking for, really helps to hear it. Thanks again!

Dave.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Although I don't have sound clips, I have run 4 different systems on my car. On a scale from 1-10 (10 loudest) here's how they compared:

a. stock ... (2)

b. B&B 3" with B&B cats ... (6)

c. Corsa Track 3" with RT 'metal' cats ... (8) (Corsa 3" w/ RT metal cats is louder than Corsa 2.5" or RT Ceramic cats)

d. Mopar 3" Race w/ RT 'metal' cats ... (7) (I used the RT cats instead of the open flex pipe that comes with the Mopar system)

I also heard the Mopar 'street' system on several cars at VOI-9, and I'd say it's about a (4) ... just a bit louder than stock.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neal, I like your rotors , I'd like to go with a set of those when the time comes, are you going to keep them in stock after the group buy? :2tu: also, does your KW kit come with springs?

Thanks, we actually postponed the group buy on the rotors, as you probably have seen, the thread is gone. I should have it up and running again in about 2 weeks. We will definitely have some sets of the rotors in stock after the group buy.

And yes, the KW kit does with with springs, It's a complete kit, comes with everything you need except the installer! :D

I sent you a PM btw.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
so the 3" track exhaust and 3" random tech metal subs cats will fit perfect with no adaptors ?

The RT unit is an elbow pipe with the cat included. It's nice. The choice between the RT metal or ceramic cats does not effect fit. The metal core is said to flow slightly better and be more durable, but it is slightly louder and costs more vs. the RT cat with the ceramic core.

The RT units fit perfectly with a 3" Corsa track system (although I had to modify one of the front rubber hangers to get the RT to line up correctly). The Mopar race system also fits well with the RT 3" cat units, if you decide to discard the open elbow pipe that comes with the Mopar sytem (but you'll need to cut off [shorten] about 4" of the RT pipe on each side).

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the 2.5 track with stock cats, LOVE the sound. I agree, there is really not a need for highflow cats, save your money. Some people say the 2.5 sounds better to, and less like a UPS truck.

WRONG and WRONG.

The OE cats are hot as a kiln.........proving their restriction. With all due respect to ChuckT, FOUR OE cats do NOT achieve the Hi Flow of a Random tech pair! True, OE DO flow better than Gen 1-2...so Chuck is kind of correct instead of his usual 99.95%. "Not a need"? HiFlow cats cool your sills by 150 degrees and also cool the footwells significantly(metal toebox), while proving deeper and louder sound and a few more HP.

"UPS truck?" You are again mixing your reading of acecdotes here. People say the OE exhaust sounds like a UPS truck....not the Corsa.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just use froogle.com to find the best prices for anything on the web, I strongly suggest it.

Cheers!
Hmm...Froogle :)

A length of 3" exhaust tubing - $13.95

A single 3" U-bend cut in half - $24.95

how to make your factoy cats "HIGH FLOW"

If you have a welder and a saw, you could do it yourself...or a muffler shop could build these for a few bucks. I'd use the factory flange/flex pipe as well...it's not quite three inches but it slides into 3" pretty snug. With a cat in there, it's not going to be the choke point anyway. The Random Tech pipes don't have flex pipes, they can and do tear at the forward hanger...leaving you with a nice rumbly exhaust leak.

Anyway, the information above was intended for those of us who are...."froogle" ;)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
thanks for all your help guys. im gonna go with the corsa with the metal subs

-If Do-It-Yourself is not your thing, PartsRack has both Corsa and cats in stock. You can keep your OE cats intact should future sale concerns arise.

-Our package VCA price will PROBABLY beat the 3rd party bottom-feeder sellers.

-Our sale will have a documented lifetime warrantee w/ CORSA (Non-appointed Corsa resellers using CORSA name without permission have limited warrantee, if any... ASK CORSA.)

PITCH: As you know, we sponsor YOUR VCA region , events, and newsletter....and THIS SITE. I hope we have earned your business, or at least a look? THANKS !

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone know if the corsa 3" with random tech 3" cats require any type of welding? will the 3" cats work with the stock headers?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you need to spot weld it where the corsa connects to the random tech pipe, otherwise it will rotate downward in a short time.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D if you have Tator do it he knows exactly what to do. he had to tack mine in several places to keep them from moving. Took three trips up there to figure it out.