Another dyno post

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001 Stock GTS dyno'd today 2: PM'ish by local dyno.
outside temp: 75-77 degrees
44% humidity
21K on the clock

Yes.
The motor is stock...no filters, no tubes...stock.
:2tu:
Dyno chart

Wanted some #'s before the Roe cats and Borla catback :cool:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice #'s

your car seems like an "over achiver" like mine , cant wait to see what you make with more mods.

My car is currently running 504.85 RWHP and 577.3 RWTQ with the mods in my sig (also an over achiver)

Good luck with future mods (not that your going to need it)

Congrads

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wayne, Your creampuff has stronger #'s than most pre-2000 Vipers which have the forged pistons and wilder cams. Hmmmmmm........ Has anybody else ever obtained #'s like these on a bone stock 2000+ viper? I think your car just made the latest edition of Viper Believe It Or Not.

egokilr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sometimes corrected numbers correct in ur favor. I would like to see an uncorrected sheet. But very nice numbers u seem to have a factory freak!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also seems rich in the middle, you should see 12-13/1 ont he A/F. If you had a VEC 2 to tune, I bet you could pick up another 30 :2tu: :2tu:

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the dyno a week ago and saw a 99GTS with a VEC 2 tuned to about 450 hp and 479 torque if I remember correctly. 99R/T10 is right, you can safely bring your a/f up from where it is and pick up a little more with the VEC 2.

Rich

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the dyno a week ago and saw a 99GTS with a VEC 2 tuned to about 450 hp and 479 torque if I remember correctly. 99R/T10 is right, you can safely bring your a/f up from where it is and pick up a little more with the VEC 2.

Rich

yeah that vec 2 is a wonder indeed , I honestly feel ALOT of my power is due to the vec 2 and extensive tuning of it.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woodhouse retuned my Unichip on a second dyno and gained another 10 horses or so, its all in the tuner. If and when I get a Paxton strapped on they'll put the VEC2 on as well. Let the fun really begin!!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne,

Sorry wont happen your car will make 400-405 all day long at a facility which give out real numbers.

STUGOTS,

I dont know how to break it to you since you seem to be so happy with your numbers. But your car with exhaust/high flow cats/rockers/and a VEC 2 will NEVER ever EVER make the numbers you are so proud of. Yes you have other mods, but they dont provide any power gain.

Do yourself a favor and go to facility, that does not give you +50rwhp and +100lb's of torque if you are nice to them.

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 RT/10 dynoed 416RWHP bone stock ... pretty close to Wayne's. I have heard of other "creampuff's" in this range, and I think his numbers are real.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne,

Sorry wont happen your car will make 400-405 all day long at a facility which give out real numbers.

STUGOTS,

I dont know how to break it to you since you seem to be so happy with your numbers. But your car with exhaust/high flow cats/rockers/and a VEC 2 will NEVER ever EVER make the numbers you are so proud of. Yes you have other mods, but they dont provide any power gain.

Do yourself a favor and go to facility, that does not give you +50rwhp and +100lb's of torque if you are nice to them.

ok so let me get this straight his #'s that his dyno sheet from a dyno jet (and from a respected tuner) say are B.S and my dyno sheet also from a dyno jet is B.S. as well, do I have this straight??

Also Russ what dyno do you happen to use?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as far as I know a Dynojet is the best dyno to use (I mean hell all the top tuners use them) and now here you are disputing 2 dynojet dyno sheets??

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll just add that my numbers on a Mustang with a 25% correction factor were 366 rwhp and 393 rwtq. After my mods on this dyno they jumped to 392/430. After having the Unichip issue resolved the car couldnt go to the same dyno but it did go do a mustang dyno with a 17% correction factor. after some retuning I gained another 33 rwhp and 35 rwtq.

as many have mentioned before it all depends on the dyno and weather conditions. also, having upgrades done and re-dynoed are the only way to really tell what improvements were made.

The real test is at the track and even then one car on the east coast will easily get better times than a car at one mile elevation. I lost a full second from my time at Topeka to the 1/4 mile time at Bandimere, I suppose you could correct for density altitude and play the numbers game all over again.

Nonetheless, congrats on your numbers and enjoy the car!!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as many have mentioned before it all depends on the dyno and weather conditions. also, having upgrades done and re-dynoed are the only way to really tell what improvements were made.

I agree, thats exactly what I did with this dyno jet every time I put on a mod (or 2 at the most) I dyno'd so my numbers are correct and up to date.

Also my numbers on the mustang Dyno were around 13% lower if i remember correctly.

But even so my car (with my current setup) made over 500 RWTQ on a mustang dyno.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True numbers come from the track. I forgot the calculation, but given the MPH at the end of the 1/4 and weight of the car, you should get an accurate HP number. Most of the time it works out higher than the dyno number. :2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 ACR put out 424 HP and 461 FT/LBS with a Corsa cat back. No other mods. This was also on a dynojet @ 78.91 F and 30.16in-Hg. My C5 put out 305 HP with exhaust and air box mods on the same dyno(very conservative) so I believe the numbers to be accurate. Anyway similar #'s to yours comparing apples to apples.

Dyno #'s are a great way of measuring your progress if you do mods. The track is the best gauge, but then again driver ability and willingness to thrash the car is at stake.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2000 ACR put out 424 HP and 461 FT/LBS with a Corsa cat back. No other mods. This was also on a dynojet @ 78.91 F and 30.16in-Hg. My C5 put out 305 HP with exhaust and air box mods on the same dyno(very conservative) so I believe the numbers to be accurate. Anyway similar #'s to yours comparing apples to apples.

Dyno #'s are a great way of measuring your progress if you do mods. The track is the best gauge, but then again driver ability and willingness to thrash the car is at stake.

As "far fetched" as Russ says my #'s are, Im willing to bet that with my same mods you would be around the same hp/tq as I am (judging from your numbers now) and you have a creampuff so thats VERY impressive CONGRADS.

Hey Camfab keep us posted on your #'s when you do more mods if you can.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne -

Those are truly some stout numbers. Congrats! I have NEVER seen #'s like that on a stock creampuff. Ever!

You sure there wasn't a little NOS in there?!? :)

JD

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STUGOTS,

Look I am not interested in getting into a fantasy viper dyno league here just stating what I have seen from watching 100's of vipers on the dyno.

Never EVER has a stock creampuff made more than 405, at the right facility. Has there been some that I have seen do more? YES, but the facility they were at was giving high numbers to everything.

Your car will NOT make over 500hp and 580lb's, unless there is a set of ported heads involved that you are not telling us about. Did it make it on the dyno you used? Possibly, but that does not mean the dyno was properly calibrated/configured.

PS. HP numbers have nothing to do with the manufacturer of the dyno, a properly setup dyno jet will show the exact same numbers as a properly configured Mustand dyno. AEM(Mustang) and R&D(dyno jet) produce hp numbers withing 2 from each other.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that what I'm about to post really matters since obviously some people think all 2000, 01, 02 cars ****.

However, when my 01 was totally BONE STOCK it pulled 425 rwhp and 455 rwtq on a dynojet. Yes, I know, the machine had been paid off and was giving stroke numbers. Whatever. :rolleyes:

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ, you crack me up! It seems that every Viper in the world makes decent numbers except for the ones that you've seen! Stop fighting it! You're wrong!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ, you crack me up! It seems that every Viper in the world makes decent numbers except for the ones that you've seen! Stop fighting it! You're wrong!

EXACTLY Thank you Carrot

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
STUGOTS,

Look I am not interested in getting into a fantasy viper dyno league here just stating what I have seen from watching 100's of vipers on the dyno.

Never EVER has a stock creampuff made more than 405, at the right facility. Has there been some that I have seen do more? YES, but the facility they were at was giving high numbers to everything.

Your car will NOT make over 500hp and 580lb's, unless there is a set of ported heads involved that you are not telling us about. Did it make it on the dyno you used? Possibly, but that does not mean the dyno was properly calibrated/configured.

PS. HP numbers have nothing to do with the manufacturer of the dyno, a properly setup dyno jet will show the exact same numbers as a properly configured Mustand dyno. AEM(Mustang) and R&D(dyno jet) produce hp numbers withing 2 from each other.

how can the dyno be wrong when it showed consistant #'s with every mod (or 2) I added?

P.S there are quite a few cream puffs I have seen making over 405RWHP as a matter of fact I have seen MORE creampuffs that made over 405 then I have creampuffs that diden't.

if you have seen "100's of vipers onthe dyno" then 1 of 4 things must be happening

1. Your blind
2. Dyno's are crap
3. Dyno guy is an idiot
4. All the cars you have seen are POS's

in any case I have had my car dyno'd a few times and everytime the HP/TQ are within 10 (give or take) of the numbers I gave you above so its not "fantasy dyno league" its facts.

Besides I will take your disbelief of my numbers as a complement ohh yeah shes a FACTORY FREAK.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my '02 I drove it straight home, made zero changes and drove it to the track the same week where it laid down a 10.3 at 133. Maybe some are stronger than others? :laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang