Another EBC Greenstuff thread

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you on this one big time. Had factory, porterfield and now ebc. This is the best answer for my needs by far. The wheels do not need to be cleaned with every ride like before. Used to be with a run to the store you could see the black dust starting to cover the wheel, now its not an issue.

OP
OP
K

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got them from a club member, but I believe they came originally from the wing king. Think it is advertised on the site.

Don, I did front and rear for proper braking balance. The price is right, around $140 for front and rear. Dust is light grey and almost a non issue compared to the ugliness that you get from the factory pads.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many thanks Tony & Kevin, I just ordered them.

Don
You must be registered for see images

VEETENN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many miles have to be on the car before you hear the factory pads squeak? I get a lot of brake dust on my 98 GTS but at 7000 miles I have yet to hear them squeak.

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered the brake pads and then they called me back and said they don't make the rears for the viper. so whats the story if you guys changed them. To what brand?
Thanks , Don

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brad, If they are going to squeak they will from about the first 5 miles. I live 15 miles from the Viper plant. I picked up my 2000 RT/10 last year and about 1/3 the way home I said to my self what the hell is that all ready? Then thanks to this forum I found out it was common. I think it was from 99 up though I am not sure.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John B. at the Parts Rack sells them as well. I purchased a complete set from him on Thursday.
When I picked my 2000RT up in Detriot it squeaked the first time I stepped on the brake. Very annoying!

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like another owner approved product to be placed on the same level of reverence as Zaino and K&N's

I luv my EBC's too!

OP
OP
K

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don,

The rears not being available doesn't make sense, maybe a misunderstanding. Did you contact greatbrakes(1-866-478-7237)
OR e-mail: [email protected] ? Surprising to me that you ran into a deadend on the rears, I know I installed them fwiw.

SamC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EBC makes higher temp pads. Are these the red or the blue pads? Is the performance about the same or better than the green pads? Are the higher temp pads just as dustless?

I plan to order the Greenstuff pads next week but wanted to know more about its other products before spending the bucks.

Thanks.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with these comments 110%. I have tried three different sets of pads with my main goal to decrease the squeak. As I have often quoted before, "It's like Claudia Schiffer coming up to you in a bikini on the beach and then ripping a big fart."

Anyway, I contacted Wing King and my green pads were on their way. The dust was decreased by an easy 75%, even after a couple hard stops at the drag strip. Most importantly, the squeak was GONE - and I mean completely. I had another Viper owner drive my car just for the heck of it (brakes were the last thing on my mind) and he turned towards me and said, "Are you sure this is a Viper?" I gave him a puzzled looked and he then said, "I have NEVER driven a Viper that didn't squeal at most stops - yours is totally silent!" I told him about the pads and he was on the phone within the hour for his own GTS.

I can't recommend them highly enough!

Chris

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I'm off the board for a day, and another EBC thread springs up. After trying out one of the first few sets of the EBC Kevlar Greens from the UK back in 1999, I KNEW that Viper owners were going to love these things. We all have our priorities...... for some it's the squeal issue..... for some it's the dust..... and, some don't like paying $250-$400 for just a set of brake pads. Personally, it was all THREE of these problems that motivated me to make the effort and spend the bucks to become an EBC distributor in this country. EBC gave me the authority and protection to develop the market for the Viper, and I believe we are both very happy with each other's work so far.

Chris, your thought about the typical Viper brake noise...."It's like Claudia Schiffer coming up to you in a bikini on the beach and then ripping a big fart"..... is perhaps the best reason for switching to EBC that I could ever have thought up myself!

Now, I hate giving too much of a commercial in this general forum, but if you guys think the Greens are great for their intended purpose, wait until you get a taste of the new Yellow and Blue heat ranges for the track. The testing for these, and especially the Blues, has been way beyond our expectations. We have the Yellow fronts in our warehouse NOW, and the first production shipment of Blues is already on its way to us from the UK right now. Better still, the owner of EBC has even hinted to me that they may develop some other, specialized products, designed specifically to our requested specifications.
However, to answer another question above, we STILL do not have the REAR pads in the USA yet for the 2001 Vipers with ABS, and probably will not for a while longer. The fronts are the same for ALL Viper years and models, and we have MANY Dodge dealers who are successfully equipping JUST THESE FRONTS only on their 2001's before customer delivery to avoid the customary call backs for the brake noise. This will take care of MOST of the problem for the time being.

While GreatBrakes will sell directly to any Viper owner at the already low suggested manufacturer's price, you may also purchase any of these EBC Viper pads through our quality dealers like The Parts Rack and Jason Heffner..... or in many areas of the country even through your local Dodge dealer. EBC has set very rigid price structures, and none of us can sell it to you cheaper than the other. Expect to pay $69 for the Viper Green fronts, and $79 for the rears. Yes, $148 does your whole car.

One more thing, while I have your attention. The Kevlar Greens are NOT at all compatible with the leftover resins which remain on your rotors from metallic pads. You need to scuff the rotors with coarse emory cloth or sandpaper, to create as much of a "fresh" surface as possible. The break-in is much different as well. The Greens require several hundred miles of easy street driving to get the Kevlar "properly acquainted" with your rotors. DO NOT bed these in hard like the typical metallic pad!!

Ok.... enough about this. Just let me finish by saying how happy it makes me to see that these pads have cured the problems for so many and made you satisfied. It really makes all the time and money expended to develop the marketing for them in the USA worthwhile. Until the factory makes some changes to the stock brakes, we honestly feel like the EBC Kevlar pads are going to eventually be right up there with smooth tubes, K&N type filters, and Zaino on a new owner's "wish list". Please let us at GreatBrakes, or any of our dealers, know if we can help you.

King
GreatBrakes.com

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin, yes i called greatbrakes.com and at first they took the order for front and rears then called me back and said they only carry the fronts. so i said ok send the fronts . i new that you said you changed the rears also. i see that i can get them elsewhere so thanks.

Don