Another exhaust question re a 95

s55c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i'm sure someone, somewhere tried what I did today,,, my 95 has/had stock exhaust.... want to make it a lil louder/better so it doesn't sound like a ups truck... future plans someday will be headers with the hiflos and ??? muffler..... SO TODAY I replaced the stock cats with some 3" hi flo metal substrate cats,,, figured with the improved flo it would make it a lil louder and sound a lil more hot rod. Seems to me now it sounds like a louder ups truck, lol..... I have a new pair of magnaflo mufflers that i can use but there are a straight thru and my goal is not to be obnoxiously loud but to sound like a hot rod, it should sound as kool as it looks and just LOUDER isn't the goal,,, better is. So any one use hi flos with a magnaflo muffler?? i have 3" round, 14" body, 20" overall length. Or is it better to get a longer, like a 30" one? I realize its not ever gonna sound like a BBC but its gotta be better than it is,,,

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a combination of high flow CATs, Moroso Spiral Flow Muffler, & Magnaflow 6" diameter. All 3" piping. I also added a set of Vortex Exhaust cones at the outlet of the Magnaflow. There is very little cabin drone now, even with the Autoform top and windows on. The car is still loud, but not incredibly so.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
May be heresy to some, but I put a Gen 2 system on my Gen 1. Piping all bolts up, can get Gen 2 sills, package gives you a few more options.

Ha, ha, I did it to make it quieter. A 50 mi commute each way, so I want to hear the phone in the car.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are interested in a set of Vortex Exhaust cones, contact me. I have a set that I removed from my 95 becuase I like it loud. :omg: They do work to reduce the decibals and drone enough to make a difference.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my side sills without holes in them, thank you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960