Another Great VCA gesture! Thank you PAUL LACEY !! drove 200 miles to chat

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow... you guys are too much. Between the IPod.. the care packages still coming in.. and now this.. :2tu:

I have to thank Paul Lacey for making a 200 mile round trip in his #52 GTS/R just come hand out with me during my layover in Mildenhall UK.

Had a wonderful cruise around the UK.. a wonderful dinner in New Market... and even better conversations about every topic you can imagine!!

The only dissapointments to the evening was when Paul informed me that if I had been there only two days earlier I could have attended the UK VCA meet... :evilmad: and to make things even worse he also informed me that had I been there on my orignal arrival date... get this.. that himself, Baz, and the one and only Viper Wizard himself Chuck Tator were all going to take me out to dinner!!!! :hitfan:

Paul dropped everything to make this trip and show me a good time.. and then our aircraft broke and we slipped 24hrs... Paul then rearranged his life again.. and made the trip the next day. Whats even more interesting is that the place I was told we were staying.. and that I relayed to Paul.. Was closed and being torn down that week!! Ooops!!.. So as I am walking to meet Paul and I see this Viper turn the corner and I thought thank god!!! He didnt just turn around and go home.. I ended up flagging him down and had a great evening. :bonker: First time I ever hitch hiked for a Viper.. :nana:

Hats off to you Paul!!!!! You are the man!!! :headbang:

To top the evening off I vouched him on base.. probably the first GTS/R ever on RAF Mildenhall... We met up with the rest of my aircrew at Galaxy Club on base.. Wow.. they were speechless that a total stranger would go this far out of their way. They also were drooling over the GTS/R..

but I got to drool .. in it.. ahaha

Paul also presented me with a Viper beer mug, an English beer mug, and a very covenated and sought after UK Viper Club lapel pin!!! :laugh:

:2tu: below are some pics of the evening.. :2tu:

:headbang: THANK AGAIN PAUL !! YOU MADE MY TRIP !!! :headbang:

You must be registered for see images attach

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow great job Paul really classy gesture.
Beautiful car too.... :2tu:

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the first date i thought I would just drop him at the gate :nono: , but got invited in for coffee :buttkick:

No thanks to you guys...Americans, you gave us the car and the built it into the best car club in the world. :2tu:

God bless you all and long may our two countries be friends :usa:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go Paul :2tu: :headbang:
Realy sorry i couldn't make :( it but i had to be at Heathrow to drop of the Wizard....
The plan was to do the air museum then suprise you and Mr T late afternoon for a drive and meal...

You should be getting another envelope soon......

Glad you had fun..Thats what this club is all about..

Stay safe where ever you end up :usa: :2tu:

UK Viper Nigel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Paul - is that a shiny ear ring in your left ear ;)

Glad you both had a good time - a couple of days earlier and Compensating could have joined the team and helped with the engine transplant!

Pity you missed the UK meet - a small but perfectly formed VCA club.

Nigel

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another fine example of how the Viper Club is like family where you go.

Great story guys! Never been to the UK, but its nice to know that there are friendly Viper folks there :)

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
glad you hooked up in the end and enjoyed your GTS-R experience, youll have to give us more notice on your next trip

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats AWESOME, Paul seems like a great guy, thats very cool of him,
but Man i'm beginning not to like you, it's not enough that your in the Air Force and live the cush life style but you get IPODs from the VCA, carepackages, and NOW THIS. What a crock! lol i'm getting out of the Marines and joining the Air Force. Wait no i'm not i'm just getting out of the Marines period, anyway still your lucky, i'm not reading your posts anymore because your making me very jealous lol

OP
OP
C

Compensating

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well... once again Paul made the drive and took me and a buddy out for lunch in Thetford..

English cowpies are great!!! ( not the same as american ones.... ewww)

Although this time I did have 4 rather heavy "presents" for him... wink... wink.. hahah

thanks again Paul!!!!!!!! You rock!!

Matt