Another headgasket job (gen 1)

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I may be getting good at this. I've done three vipers and all went well. A local member is interested in having me do his (he intends to help etc..). and maybe pay me a few $$s..?..

I am not a professional mechanic. I am not insured for work like this and it will be done in my garage/workshop. He knows this.

I am a Steam Engineer by trade (powerplant engineer, high pressure steam, HV generators etc..) but I've done plenty of auto work over the years and lots of work for friends etc... This is a pretty big job and I'd feel terrible if it went wrong. We are not particularly close but I doubt he'd sue me unless I was terribly negligent (and I won't be..).

I expect he'll bring it by and we'll knock it out in a day or so but once you open a can of worms......

Comments...?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust nobody, human nature is unpredictable. Sorry to sound harsh but you have to look our for #1 especially when it comes to liability issues. I can't say I'm one with the liability laws/issues out there but check with your insurance to see if you're covered under this scenario. I blame the lawyers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32