Another Snake Bite!

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was driving around with one of my buddies this evening, one the way back to the house I noticed out of the corner of my eye a black viper off to the right as I was going past in mine. I quickly realized that this viper had just wrecked. We circled back and pulled in to make sure everyone was okay. I said to the guy, "did you have it get away from you?" He said yep.

Turns out they had just had the car delivered a couple of hours before. He said it came from Texas, 650 hp. He said he nailed the throttle doing a U turn and lost it. All I could say to him was that at least eveyone was okay, and that it was just a car. He said his best friend had been driving it and didn't know what he was doing.

Just a reminder to everyone, to be safe on the streets and respect the torque!

BLKGTS1.jpg

BLKGTS2.jpg

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can someone make the pictures bigger? Thanks.

By the way, was this anyones car on here?? The guys weren't familiar with the club, but said they had had the car trailered up here earlier today from Texas, the car had been built by elite motorsports. 650 hp at the crank.

Last edited:

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****. What kind of an idiot would nail a car- especially a viper during a u-turn. Must be an idiot.

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
He seemed like it, but I didn't want to rub it in, they said they were sick to their stomachs. He said that there friendship was over with, must not have been too close I guess, the mother of the owner showed up and started throwing punches at the best friend for wrecking the car. That was my que to leave!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well look on the bright side. At least they enjoyed it for a few hours (eyes rolling). Morons...

Silver_Snake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Owner's mother beating on the frend / driver?? What was he, a teenager? :dunno:
Gee, now I don't feel quite so irresponsible as a parent for putting my 17 yr old son in a '95 Z28 ....... :hit:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy wrecks his friends new Viper while showing off. Friend's mom shows up and starts hitting guy for wrecking Viper. Anyone else thinking Jerry Springer would like to do an episode about this? How old were the guys?

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am guessing mid to late 20's, now that I think about if the guy probably lived with his mom so that he could afford the viper.

This did happen on SR 52, so I am sure the viper would have been parked underneath the carport back at the trailer park had they not gotten in a wreck :D

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gah.....my car arrives tomorrow. Excited but still a little nervous about driviing it for the first time. I saw the pictures first and thought "Oh Oh"....until i read how stupid these guys were.

Thanks for the reminder to be safe and learn this car before pushing it.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no required IQ test to purchase a Viper.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gah.....my car arrives tomorrow. Excited but still a little nervous about driviing it for the first time. I saw the pictures first and thought "Oh Oh"....until i read how stupid these guys were.
Thanks for the reminder to be safe and learn this car before pushing it.

We hear of WAYYYYYY too many 'first-time' Viper owners who crash/total their cars. Do NOT underestimate the power/torque in these cars...it's not like the cars when we were younger where you could FLOOR the things...:nono: :nono: :nono: ...NO CAN DO in these....it's easy on the throttle, take your time getting to know the car's power and your limitations.
Good luck on your new Viper, glad it DOES make you a bit nervous.............it should! :omg:
BUT ENJOY!! :drive: :drive: ~juli~

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly - I have never had an issue with smooth application of power. There's nothing that says you can't go fast, turn fast, corner, stop - etc - but you don't get in this thing and drive it like a 4 cylinder rental car (the on / off gas pedal... tee hee)

Do people actually get in these things and think you can just slam your foot down on the floor and it'll shoot you forward like a rocket? That is takes not skill to drive a car with this kind of power?

I just don't understand the wrecking right out of the chute - aren't you a LITTLE apprehensive when you get a new car and spend some time getting to learn it? Especially a car this expensive / powerful?

Continually amazed at the stupidity demonstrated in these threads by the drivers.

Reaction score
Glad no one was injured.

Men, ego and money get separated when driving a Viper as well as other high performance exotics.

Most of us think we know how to drive. After all we have been driving since we were 16 or younger. Some of us have owned many high performance corvettes, 427 or 429 Fords, etc. So what is the big deal with Viper? It is something called torque! And the Car Control skill to manage the additional performance is substantial. There are people who know their limitations and there people, looking to be on Darwin's List, that live in denial or driven by an ego that is out of balance with their intellectual development or maturity. After ten years of encouraging high performance driving schools it seems that the majority of people do not comprehend the importance of learning Car Control. Sounds simple but is a lot more challenging than most comprehend.

Viper Days is a perfect place to enjoy a Vipers awesome performance and to realize one limitations. Think you know how to drive? Go to a Viper Days event and show us your driving skills or you may learn your limits which could save your life or that of someone else.

Performance cars are wonderful and must be respected!

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got mine in Febuary and I baby it. I get on the gas a little bit here and there just to probe the car a little bit. Get a feel for about where the tires break loose.
I recomend probing the car on an open 4 lane road when you are the only car on the road. Also a great thing if their are no drainage ditches or concrete barriers to hit. This way if you do lose control there is nothing to hit. Just dont roll over and you should be fine. Not saying drive like a maniac, but you should probe the limits of the car in a safe environment so you have a very good idea of were the red line is. Already discovered that 2nd gear if you get on the gas too much you spin the wheels.

HISSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was given sage advice early on that with weapons like Vipers, the operative words are RESPECT and SQUEEZE (don't punch the accelerator) so you enjoy the ride and save lives, including yours and your loved ones.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm glad no one was hurt but I'm also glad that the value of mine just went up one notch becaue of idiots that don't know how to drive.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was given sage advice early on that with weapons like Vipers, the operative words are RESPECT and SQUEEZE (don't punch the accelerator) so you enjoy the ride and save lives, including yours and your loved ones.

Well said , when I first started driving my Viper no way I would just floor the accelerator. You have to have respect for all the torque. Takes awhile to get use to the car at first , its to easy to break the tires loose if you hammer on it . Don't know what some people are thinking when the first get the Viper and figure its same as anything else they drive . Then they wonder how they become one of the statistics . Smashing thier car up in the first week of ownership. :dunno:

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to see anyone wreck their car.........on the other hand though, the one common word you read over and over is RESPECT. If you don't have respect, you'll get bit!!!

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well I'm glad no one was hurt but I'm also glad that the value of mine just went up one notch becaue of idiots that don't know how to drive.

I had thought of this too, but the bad part is our insurance probably just went up a fraction of fraction of another fraction...so no biggie.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang