Another stereo question ...

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lately my stock Alpine is playing CD's fine until it gets to the 4th or 5th songs after which it skips and stalls and finally won't play at all. ( These are factory CD's not burned ).

Is this new stereo time or something fixable?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had 2 radios fixed under warranty during my life. Both would have been more meony that what a new one costs and I believe that now, warranty usually replaces the radio instead of fixing anything.

With BCs nwe laws on hands free devices ... it's time for you to install Bluetooth. I love my Premier deck. ipod cable I mounted in the glovebox of my GTS. I mounted my Sirrius sat radio bracket and hardwired it to the glove box lid. Invisible and if needed it's there. The Premier 790BT is amazing and sounds like the speaker is in the passenger seat! Having the stereo automatically answer the phone (when it's in the trunk), tunn dow the music, etc. makes the stupid phone worth taking along. The wife likes the ipod and although the head unit is sat radio compatible I refuse to pay ANOTHER several hundred dollars a year subscription fees - so the Sat radio I use in all MY cars is a portable, as is my Nav system.

Ted

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for a new disk player. Get an AVIC slide out screen with a JL 500/5 amp.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
eliems ... you havn't joined the VCA yet? You know that I'll be at the Laker's Spring roundup in Williams Lake on May 30 with the 4 sale 2000 ACR?

Jun 4th weekend we're meeting in Jasper for the weekend and I'm planning on taking the Sapphire/silver with Hertz and BT.

Ted

OP
OP
E

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Premier 790BT is amazing and sounds like the speaker is in the passenger seat! Ted[/QUOTE]

How long ago did you buy this Premier 790BT Ted? It seems it is Discontinued? What replaced it?

How much did you pay for it? Install it your self?

Thanks, Looks like a new Player is in the cards.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought 2 actually. 1 for my Stealth TT when the steering wheel controls crapped out (remote wire/multifunction connector = $800) so the DEH 790BT cost me about $480 plus taxes. I like that so much that I replaced my perfect Alpine factory deck in the Viper. Yes, I wanted BT for my latest Stealgh TT and bought a Premier 8000BT. DON'T buy that one. Not sure what the replacement for the 790BT is, but your stereo guy should know. My stereo guy said that Premier is finished and all the decks are going to be Pioneer now.

I'd say to buy whatever brand is your favorite. Just don't buy the cheap ones. My guys sells cost and 10% or less because I have a Viper and wrote his company into an ezine article once. Installed it myself. Here we have one GENERAL backyard mechanic. I do all my own work. If you do your own instal and you have a Gen 2 I have wiring diagrams that I figured out and can give you some instructions.

Your Viper is an SRT10?

Ted