Another tire rotation question

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I apologize if this seems like a dumb question.I did a search,regarding rotating the tires,which I am due for,according to the owners manual.The thread I found said the tires are not unidirectional and can be switched side to side with no problems.Is this for sure.I thought the PS2 tires were a unidirectional tread design and switching them side to side would have an affect.The tread seems to have a particular pattern across the width of the tire and the direction it turns would have an influence on driveability and traction.Thanks in advance

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Radial tires I don't think you're supposed to swap them left to right. You're supposed to keep them on the same side and move front to back. Since our sizes are different I'm not sure you're supposed to rotate anything.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What tires do you have?

My PS2's are marked by Michelin for the "outside" so there's an inside (toward the car) and outside (the sidewall showing), and they're obviously fitted front to back, so no rotation ... other than spinning them and making smokey burnouts. woohoo

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to my '08 owners manual you can rotate the tires from side to side just not front to back. So you could move the right front wheel to the left front side for example. It also mentions something about if doing this to make sure you recalibrate your TPMS so the car can relearn the positon of the sensors.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on the type of tire you have. OEM Gen II pilot sports are directional and have arrows on the sidewall indicating such.:2tu:

OP
OP

08Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thankyou for answering my question.When I said unidirectional,I meant designed only to rotate in one direction.I guess when you switch sides the direction the tire turns,from the original side,is inverted but does not have any effect on the feel of the vehicle,as long as the outside marker on the tire is still on the outside of the wheel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang