Another Track Day Video

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the terminally bored and easily entertained:

Another track day video.

A few nice cars were there, including a Ford GT, and a Diablo SV.

Didn't really get to tangle with the GT, however.

43mb WMV format. Right click and "save as" to download.

www.larsonweb.com/car/ppir.wmv

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it gerriatric day at the track? nobody sideways in the turns, no cars breaking loose......looks like people were going really slow. I would be sure to crash....because, if youre not crashing, youre not going fast enough. lol jk

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it gerriatric day at the track? nobody sideways in the turns, no cars breaking loose......looks like people were going really slow. I would be sure to crash....because, if youre not crashing, youre not going fast enough. lol jk

The video doesn't catch it, but the carbon fiber 911 in front of me when I was getting chased by the Caterham loses it, and has an agricultural excursion. You just see him disapear from view. A couple other cars went off in the same place.

Also, the reason that the Ford GT slowed down all of a sudden just as I was coming up on him is that he had just come into that big left hand sweeper a bit too fast, got all loose, and nearly lost it. The driver was really a cool guy, but it was only his 2nd time at the track, and he was pretty freaked out by the experience. I was bummed, because I had been fighting traffic all session trying to work my way up so that I could chase him, but when I finally got in position, he slowed way down and then headed in to the pits. I only found out why when I talked to him after the session.

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job Kai!
Just before I left, the track guys said the track temp was 140 deg. The air temp was 102 when I got home.
Bob

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video Kai, I really enjoy the way you drive that vehicle. Just curious but what was under the hood of the ' GREEN GOBLIN"?.

Thanks

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it was a fun day Kai. Which event was this? I did the Mead track with CECA 2 weeks ago and it's so small as compared to PPIR. PPIR is pretty cool.

OP
OP
Kai SRT10

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wormdoggy: Don't know what the Green Goblin had under the hood. It's a Caterham Super 7. FYI, I lifted to let him go past me in the straight.

ViperSRT10: I drive to and from the track. I don't own a trailer, and even if I did, I'd still drive.

Detlef: The event was sponsored by Quick Chick Racing.

http://www.quickchickracing.com/

Their next PPIR event is in October.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was very entertaining to watch! Thanks. :laugh:
I especially liked having both the external shots and the in-car track view as you mixed it up with the other cars.