Another wrap thread and suggestions

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. I have been thinking about wrapping my car for some time now. I have a few different ideas of what I would like to do. My car is currently red. I have seen on here a few different color combinations and what not. I would like to go and do something a little different. It might be a little off the wall but I was even considering full chrome wrap. It most likely not be a lot of peoples taste or it might even be for some. Who knows. Let me know what yall think or if yall suggest something thats not been done over and over again.

Heres a picture from GT5 (video game) of a chromed Viper.
You must be registered for see images attach

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your going to pay at least twice what it would cost for a color wrap. Only Avery and he is does chrome and its not flexible, meaning you will have seams for a $5000 or more job

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the sun reflection? Might actually set something on fire. :)

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did mine in red chrome matte with a shiney black center band...it turned out to be not so bad..

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see it in person. I have a feeling that it looks better in pictures. Does it have the properties of chrome...every fingerprint causes smudges?

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On one of the other sites Im a member on, ther is alot of wraps going on Lambo's, Aston Martins etc. If you have the bank ,its a way to change things up abit without painting. BTW JohnyH, I think the Chrome looks kinda cool, If you like it go for it, its your money.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a Porsche Turbo, close up and in person, with the chrome wrap and it looked like pure crap......maybe it was the vinyl used on this particular car (or the quality of the installation), but the few seams they had were easy to spot, and it just looked goofy, it has a chrome-look, but it's not chrome...it just looks like that silver-chrome tape...it just looked cheap and blingy.

For $5K, definitely not something I would even remotely consider, but to each his own!

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a Porsche Turbo, close up and in person, with the chrome wrap and it looked like pure crap......maybe it was the vinyl used on this particular car (or the quality of the installation), but the few seams they had were easy to spot, and it just looked goofy, it has a chrome-look, but it's not chrome...it just looks like that silver-chrome tape...it just looked cheap and blingy.

For $5K, definitely not something I would even remotely consider, but to each his own!

I just saw a GTR with a chrome wrap this morning at Festivals of Speed and it was pretty bad up close, but from a foot away you couldn't notice all the what looked to be orange peel.

JasonSSG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chrome is awesome but I have this funny feeling it will be short lived. I think metallic in another option that will last long. Decisions on what color to paint your 400k aventador...rough! lol

gtsfe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This place seems to have it figured out.

diamondblackexteriors

From the youtube video of the maserati that is...

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the auto show here in Calgary two weeks ago and they had a lambo wrapped in chrome. Close up was completely covered in swirl marks from cleaning. I also spoke to a wrapping company there and they said chorme is the worst to take care of once on..."it shows everything" he said. Anyway, I think it looks cool but just a fyi to help you make your decision.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This place seems to have it figured out.

diamondblackexteriors

From the youtube video of the maserati that is...

Yea, I saw a few cars from them (pictures). It seems to look nice. I'm still undecided though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I live in LA and see a ton of chrome wrapped cars. The look like crap! It's a fad that will only last a short while. Why spend 5K + on something that anyone except young teens are going to look at and laugh and say what a *****. And then take it off after a short time. It seems like a waste of money to me. If you want the color changed paint the car! As for the chrome wraps or any wrap for that matter. From a distance they look ok but get up on any wrapped car and it looks terrible. I have a eye for paint and quality work( used to work in a paint shop growing up) If you look at a wrapped car good job or not you can tell its a wrap and 9 times out of 10 they look like S*&T. Thats just my opinion. But I have never seen a chrome wrap and heard anyone say anything positive about it

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a lot of the Guys from the Arab Emirates bringing their Lambos and other Supercars into London, UK.

Many of the cars are wrapped in Chrome, they seem to like it :)

Some cars look great wrapped like this, but I will agree with others here, when you get up close there is normally a lot of swirl marks from polishing cloths etc. They look great from a distance but it may get to you every time you clean the car and see more and more swirl marks?

Do love the pick you posted though ;)

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if they're able to wrap the front bumper cover with one piece or is there a seam or two...or three?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang