Any custom orders out of 'production scheduled' status

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the alternative to cancelling your order. Unless you buy a car off a dealer lot you will still have to wait for any new car you order. BELIEVE me just wait out the Gen V. I washed the car yesterday and there are so many curves to the new Gen V its sick! Afterwards I took a 10 minute drive and got at least 5 thumbs up, several cell phone pics, 3 honked horns, 1/2 dozen waves and one car full of guys made a U-turn to take a picture and tell me the car was 'sick looking'.
This. I decided on the same deadline at the end of last month. If they haven't ACTUALLY started building my car by the end of June I'm going to cancel the order.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a nice person from SRT call me today to let me know that my car is now built and has been sent to final inspection. She also said she would call me again when she found out any additional information. She gave me an extension to reach her and she will be monitoring the remainder of my purchase. Hopefully there won't be any hang ups in the inspection portion of the build.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the alternative to cancelling your order. Unless you buy a car off a dealer lot you will still have to wait for any new car you order. BELIEVE me just wait out the Gen V. I washed the car yesterday and there are so many curves to the new Gen V its sick! Afterwards I took a 10 minute drive and got at least 5 thumbs up, several cell phone pics, 3 honked horns, 1/2 dozen waves and one car full of guys made a U-turn to take a picture and tell me the car was 'sick looking'.

Honestly, I'd probably sit on the money for a while and do something wiser with it. Down the road I would look at existing Vipers (rather than deal with the special order disaster) and maybe do some comparison shopping which may or may not lead me back to a Viper.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd probably sit on the money for a while and do something wiser with it. Down the road I would look at existing Vipers (rather than deal with the special order disaster) and maybe do some comparison shopping which may or may not lead me back to a Viper.
The sad part is that you won't have your so self-loved black/gun metal :(
I hope it doesn't happen to any of us!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sad part is that you won't have your so self-loved black/gun metal :(
I hope it doesn't happen to any of us!

Tell me about it! When I saw the car at VOI.9 in SLC my first choice (without knowing the colors, of course) was a black car with royal blue stripes. I see the black and gunmetal as a close second, however.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with 855-SRT-TEAM and my car actually is in frame status. So, for the folks that have gotten beyond this point, how long did you car stay in frame status?

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with 855-SRT-TEAM and my car actually is in frame status. So, for the folks that have gotten beyond this point, how long did you car stay in frame status?

Awesome! So was VOTS right the whole time? I hadn't seen it malfuction for anyone that posts here.

I've noticed several recent cars took 2-1/2 weeks from Frame to Shipping. Occasionally longer if they find a problem with the car, during the build or inspection.

A guy here in San Jose just got his Viper last week, it took him a little over 3 weeks to receive it at the dealership, from when it entered Frame. That was fast. Although I've also heard of a Viper that had to wait a couple weeks for the trailer to fill up for his area before Conner would ship it.

Ok, seems like most everyone has their cars being built, where's mine???

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Usually less than a week. It skips paint status, goes right into Trim Status - which is approx 1.5 to 2 weeks. Final inspection 1 to 1.5 weeks.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! So was VOTS right the whole time? I hadn't seen it malfuction for anyone that posts here.

I've noticed several recent cars took 2-1/2 weeks from Frame to Shipping. Occasionally longer if they find a problem with the car, during the build or inspection.

A guy here in San Jose just got his Viper last week, it took him a little over 3 weeks to receive it at the dealership, from when it entered Frame. That was fast. Although I've also heard of a Viper that had to wait a couple weeks for the trailer to fill up for his area before Conner would ship it.

Ok, seems like most everyone has their cars being built, where's mine???

Yup, sounds like VOTS was right when the status changed last week. Too bad when they turned off use of VOTS for Viper orders they didn't make sure that the people taking the phone calls for SRT had info as least up to date as VOTS.

Not sure where your car is, but from what they guy at SRT said, mine has already had the "frame" (which sounded like it included drivetrain and numerous other components, from what he said) inspected and is now waiting for paint which I was told seems to be a slowdown point in the process right now.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually less than a week. It skips paint status, goes right into Trim Status - which is approx 1.5 to 2 weeks. Final inspection 1 to 1.5 weeks.

Thanks. I guess I'm hoping against hope that my car will be done in time to get it here by 7/4. It's been in frame since last Tuesday so hopefully it'll bump along to the next status soon.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VENOM, the trick seems to be threatening to cancel your order :p

Hahaha! Believe me, the thought crossed my mind! Actually, I politely told my dealer that SRT has to meet their promise this time. They said it'll be in Frame by the end of this month, but I'll believe it when I see it.

There are some nice black Gen V's on Autotrader now (about 45 of them), some of them with pretty nice discounts off MSRP. I will go with one of them if I don't get the Stryker Red soon. I'd be happy with either, and would save a bundle by going black.

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys, after getting my car a week ago, all i can say is IT'S WORTH THE WAIT. I came over from the corvette side, and let me tell you, the new laguna interior rocks the socks off of the 3LZ Z06 interior i traded in. Exhaust note is perfect, power delivery is perfect, and the wow factor of the new body is intense. I have never had the opportunity to drive previous generations of the viper, but in comparison to what I gave up in return, there is no comparison. Glad I waited for American muscle instead of giving in to want and canceling my order.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha! Believe me, the thought crossed my mind! Actually, I politely told my dealer that SRT has to meet their promise this time. They said it'll be in Frame by the end of this month, but I'll believe it when I see it.

There are some nice black Gen V's on Autotrader now (about 45 of them), some of them with pretty nice discounts off MSRP. I will go with one of them if I don't get the Stryker Red soon. I'd be happy with either, and would save a bundle by going black.
Hell, if I were you, I'd email 1/2 dozen dealers with cars in your criteria and start the 'lets make a deal' game lol

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing you won't get without ordering a car, your name on the window sticker. On custom ordered cars, it has "Custom Built for _____________" at the top of the sticker.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My thought process exactly but with Adrenaline Red; same hyper black venom wheels, same sepia int.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take this advice!!!!!
guys, after getting my car a week ago, all i can say is it's worth the wait. I came over from the corvette side, and let me tell you, the new laguna interior rocks the socks off of the 3lz z06 interior i traded in. Exhaust note is perfect, power delivery is perfect, and the wow factor of the new body is intense. I have never had the opportunity to drive previous generations of the viper, but in comparison to what i gave up in return, there is no comparison. Glad i waited for american muscle instead of giving in to want and canceling my order.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frame on 6/3. Final Inspection 6/13. Cleared for shipping 6/17. Waiting for a truck now.

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT has been trying to give me good info but it hasn't been completely accurate. I was told it would be shipped on 6/18. I don't think it is on the truck just yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21