Any custom orders out of 'production scheduled' status

sjfirebird

Viper Owner
Reaction score
moved to shipping

My car moved to shipping status the other day. From the entry of 'Frame' to shipping took 2 1/2 weeks. Now the big question is how long will it take to actually be put on the truck.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: moved to shipping

My car moved to shipping status the other day. From the entry of 'Frame' to shipping took 2 1/2 weeks. Now the big question is how long will it take to actually be put on the truck.

Nice! One of the forum members received his car 2 days after it flipped to shipping. Probably a little longer for us on the west coast, but hopefully you'll have it soon. I'm still waiting in Production Scheduled status.

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

spoke to SRT rep on phone today. she was very pleasant and helpful. Dealer got invoice 2 days ago and she confirmed it has been approved for shipping and usually takes 10-14 days for dealer to receive car. so I should have it by next Saturday the 15th

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Finally went to D1 status overnight. Got a tentative delivery date of July 12th!! I know these numbers are very tentative and most probably will change..but we're moving in the right direction.
WOOHOO!!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a great feeling to know you're in but D1 is still remote stage. it seems like once it goes to frame it moves quickly from there. my D1 had an est ship date of 6/12 which is this coming Wednesday & i'm pretty sure that aint happenin'....as i'm still in D1 status.

I found my color choice at a dealer already built but it has silver stripes and black int and sidewinders and its base not GTS; on the plus side its 15k less than my current order and it can be had now. part of me wants to go this route but another says to just wait for what I ordered/wanted....

pretty sure that they must deliver a 2013 car in the year 2013 and not later. since the year is 1/2 gone, we'd obviously be guaranteed to all have them within 180 days....I just hope its not just in time for xmas....:rolleyes:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold out for what you want, brother. I nearly passed up my Stryker Red but just couldn't. Almost there. The scheduler at SRT says all D1 Vipers will begin construction this month. Lets hope it's true this time

sjfirebird

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT contact info?

Ok, so how do you contact SRT directly? Can you message me with a name and number? I would like to get specifics as to when mine actually is expected to be loaded on the truck.

davidn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: SRT contact info?

Ok, so how do you contact SRT directly? Can you message me with a name and number? I would like to get specifics as to when mine actually is expected to be loaded on the truck.
number to reach is 855-SRT-TEAM (855-778-8326) and operates Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-8 p.m. (EST) and on Saturday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (EST).

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmm...not quite. I was in frame 5/3 I believe and still no car. but getting very close!!
its a great feeling to know you're in but D1 is still remote stage. it seems like once it goes to frame it moves quickly from there.

....:rolleyes:

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would guess they will start the rest of the ordered cars this month , but will take all of july and august to finish. this way guys will think their car is not far away.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typical build time is 2-1/2 weeks. As is the case for most new products this complex, issues will occasionally arise that require rework or waiting for a part shortage to be filled. Those are the ones that take longer to build. But most cars at this point are ready to ship after 2-1/2 weeks. We are almost there, I keep telling myself, LOL.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fall delivery would ****...then u drive it 30 days before storing it for the winter months....that really wasn't the idea of a nov/dec 2012 order...i'll give it a few more weeks...if i'm not at frame stage of production by July, I'll then consider cancelling the order.

tick tock.

Craigers15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just called SRT again... they have no idea why my car has been in "D1" status for 91 days, especially with all build materials at CAAP for the past month!

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just called SRT again... they have no idea why my car has been in "D1" status for 91 days, especially with all build materials at CAAP for the past month!
as soon as they see sold to canada ,it goes to the bottom of list.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as soon as they see sold to canada ,it goes to the bottom of list.

Some of us here in the US didn't fair any better. I placed my deposit before ordering opened, my dealer entered the order in the computer the morning ordering opened, and I'm still waiting.

Still, I'm keeping perspective. The factory is humming now, they're pumping them out quickly. Almost there.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel for you guys. Hopefully you hear news sometime soon. Hopefully SRT is paying attention.

I wish I could build $100,000 toys people are fighting to buy.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
91 days? your lucky. i have had my order in since decembre 11 ...... 2012 . i am getting close to 200 days . and now they say cause i ordered an srt with the track pak option. if i want the car built it will be built with no track pak wheels. what a go srt. i guess 200 days is not enough notice, i should have given them 300 days.

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
91 days? your lucky. i have had my order in since decembre 11 ...... 2012 . i am getting close to 200 days . and now they say cause i ordered an srt with the track pak option. if i want the car built it will be built with no track pak wheels. what a go srt. i guess 200 days is not enough notice, i should have given them 300 days.

well, if it makes you feel any better, I ordered my car November 11, 2012, a full month before you did. It will finally be delivered today. Hopefully your car will be delivered within a month.

sjfirebird

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was the ticket. Thank you for the number. Turns out my car is on the truck and will arrive on Monday!!

Very excited!! Next week I will be posting photos of what appear to be the first Shadow Blue Pearl GTS with Silver stripes.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the ticket. Thank you for the number. Turns out my car is on the truck and will arrive on Monday!!

Very excited!! Next week I will be posting photos of what appear to be the first Shadow Blue Pearl GTS with Silver stripes.

Yes!!! Congrats. This gives me hope. Your car went from Frame to your Nor Cal dealer in, what, about 3 weeks? That was fast.

By the way, you may know this. The car that you're receiving was actually my original black/gunmetal order, LOL. Small world.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Definitely wanna see as many pics of Shadow Blue Pearl on a GTS as possible too ;)

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Maybe they should have ordered the track pack wheels from the VPA...something is wonky when the factory can't get the wheels but the VPA can...:dunno:

Reaction score
Typical build time is 2-1/2 weeks. As is the case for most new products this complex, issues will occasionally arise that require rework or waiting for a part shortage to be filled. Those are the ones that take longer to build. But most cars at this point are ready to ship after 2-1/2 weeks. We are almost there, I keep telling myself, LOL.

VV, You are a saint, Allan

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read a few comments from various members complaining about the weather window in their region. That really has nothing to do with SRT, so it isn't a good basis to judge the build time frame with. Nobody forced you to live up North. I can drive my cars 365 days a year in Houston :)

Congrats 09 Venom! Now go drive it.

Another local friend just received his black with gunmetal stripes SRT last week. I can't wait to see it in person. He ordered his car a week after I did (Nov 12) and received it a week after I did.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather window is ceratinly relevant if you ordered a 1/2 year ago or more back in 2012 based upon a representation of anticipated delivery of May/June 2013. It has less to do with choice of residence and more to do with what was baragined for.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've read a few comments from various members complaining about the weather window in their region. That really has nothing to do with SRT, so it isn't a good basis to judge the build time frame with. Nobody forced you to live up North. I can drive my cars 365 days a year in Houston :)

Congrats 09 Venom! Now go drive it.

Another local friend just received his black with gunmetal stripes SRT last week. I can't wait to see it in person. He ordered his car a week after I did (Nov 12) and received it a week after I did.

Is it Joel's new car?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21