Any custom orders out of 'production scheduled' status

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
When I was at the plant last week, I discussed the delays with the plant manager and the chief engineer. The build times on the earlier cars weren't as consistent, and most of the delays are a result of suppliers not getting parts there in time. They have been improving that process. I saw a few cars parked off to the side, waiting on a single part or two. Just growing pains, while they try to ramp up production and stock the proper amount of parts per day. The day I was there, they ran out of frames because the supplier's truck was a day late. Just an example.
While you were there (at the plant) did you happen to notice (or discuss with anyone) issues about carbon fibre options? any sign of them?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While you were there (at the plant) did you happen to notice (or discuss with anyone) issues about carbon fibre options? any sign of them?

I saw no sign of the carbon add-ons. I also skipped those, because I felt they would be something that ended up added to the wait time.

davidn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering how many days It takes to get my car from Caap to Dallas...LOL.... Departed Detroit 2 days ago and The dealer says it has a June 3rd arrival date.....any chances of showing up tomorrow?? the last few days are a ***** :D

Craigers15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and I'm sitting in D1 .................Geez

I called to today and I was told that I was still in "D1" status but that the vehicle is in Gateline? Does this mean something will happen soon? Or has this been the case since it's been in "D1" status all along? Build materials have been at CAAP for over a month!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guessing there's still hundreds of us in D1. Is anyone gonna cancel their order if they don't move into frame stage by July? Don't 2014 model year orders start then?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guessing there's still hundreds of us in D1. Is anyone gonna cancel their order if they don't move into frame stage by July? Don't 2014 model year orders start then?

Funny you mention that because I've been kicking July 1 around as a cut off date. Still not sure what I'm going to do...

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if folks do decide to throw in the towel & cancel their order and still want the car, there's hundreds of listings on autotrader, some of which are thousands of dollars less than MSRP so the lower price point would likely offset the nonrefundable deposit placed when ordering initially; and they are built available for immediate delivery...hmmmm......

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called to today and I was told that I was still in "D1" status but that the vehicle is in Gateline? Does this mean something will happen soon? Or has this been the case since it's been in "D1" status all along? Build materials have been at CAAP for over a month!

I think mine was sitting in gateline for awhile before i canceled.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked VOTS and instead of the usual screen (that shows no movement lol) now the screen wont open; Instead, a box pops up that says to contact your dealer or SRT with the number for SRT for future inquiries about your Viper.

Wondering if its unique to me or have others gotten this message on there??

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked VOTS and instead of the usual screen (that shows no movement lol) now the screen wont open; Instead, a box pops up that says to contact your dealer or SRT with the number for SRT for future inquiries about your Viper.

Hmmm, mine still works as usual, Production Scheduled. I have heard that there may be a handful of units that will be converted to 2014s, which would probably mean a late July or August delivery. I know that this has already happened to a Canadian that ordered at Stryker Red.

I did see a Shadow Blue Pearl GTS with Sepia interior currently in stock and for sale at a dealership last week, sorry I don't remember where. You could probably snag that one if you don't want to wait.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Interesting. If I go to VOTS and do the whole log in (name and VIN) I get the same message box you get telling me to contact SRT. If I used the link I saved from the screen after the log in then I get the same old "production scheduled" screen.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. If I go to VOTS and do the whole log in (name and VIN) I get the same message box you get telling me to contact SRT. If I used the link I saved from the screen after the log in then I get the same old "production scheduled" screen.

Hey, when I enter my info from scratch I get the same message too. So either all three of us are getting converted to 2014, or the site is not working properly.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, when I enter my info from scratch I get the same message too. So either all three of us are getting converted to 2014, or the site is not working properly.

They've changed something in the site so I'd say it's working the way they want rather than malfunctioning.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with SRT and the helpful lady there told me that her system still shows production scheduled. She tried to find out more information but was unable to do so. Basically, they know exactly what we know and what the dealers know, which is nothing.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I just got off the phone with SRT too. I can confirm that they know nothing.

LOL

davidn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vots not working for me Either today...so I called and was told shipping statues means its released to ship but the car is still at Caap waiting on transport....my car went to shipping last Tuesday.....And yes She was very pleasant and promised to call back with firm date of the car going on the truck....

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since its a general Chrysler VOTS site and since the box that is popping up specifically says to contact your dealer or SRT about your VIPER inquiry, my guess is they flagged all Viper VIN's to get this message. Perhaps so we'll stop checking it mult x's per day, posting about it on line, etc? LOL

great gen V lists on autotrader...I just e-mailed one dealer about a list that has my paint; not sure if it has my other options though as there aren't pics yet.

the SRT people are pleasant...I asked my rep today if it would be a happy independence day, a happy Halloween or a merry xmas and did get quite a chuckle out of her ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten