Any custom orders out of 'production scheduled' status

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh man....

hope its a happy august and not a happy labor day for ya..........

It had better ship fast, I've got a big VCA event to attend Aug 23-25: The California Viper Gathering in Santa Barbara, BIG party and good times. I need my car a week in advance to have enough time to have the Clear Bra installed. Yikes, down to the wire again. I can't take another dissapointment.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if any issues due to body panels with the Red, scrape needed replacement, etc. strange It would be stuck for so long.

Better to get it right I imagine...

FLYTWA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Likewise! My car took longer because the first delay was due to the track pack wheel supply issue. During that delay my salesman told me that there was window to modify my order w/the late availability options. My initial order was was placed at 2 AM on the first day that orders were being taken last year. That's why my VIN is a low #. It is a gunmetal GTS, black stripes, upgraded stereo, Laguna black interior, track pack, red seat belts, carbon interior, aero package, and car cover.
I had my last one for 8 years, 2005 yellow vert, which I bought it off the showroom floor. I sold it last summer in anticipation for the new car. In the mean time I purchased a 2013 JGC SRT8 alpine edition to fill the void. I figure that I'll keep this one for a while too, so I might as well wait and get what I want. Even if it meant missing most of the summer......

Fly

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, that contest is pretty sad.
btw has anyone seen the gunmetal in person? I wonder how it looks

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...but it is a 2014 so who knows when??
2014 production was originally going to start on 7/22 but has been pushed back to this month. Should be soon as there are only about 50 2013s left to build (mostly U.S. models). Total 2013 production will end up near a thousand vehicles.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likewise! My car took longer because the first delay was due to the track pack wheel supply issue. During that delay my salesman told me that there was window to modify my order w/the late availability options. My initial order was was placed at 2 AM on the first day that orders were being taken last year. That's why my VIN is a low #. It is a gunmetal GTS, black stripes, upgraded stereo, Laguna black interior, track pack, red seat belts, carbon interior, aero package, and car cover.
I had my last one for 8 years, 2005 yellow vert, which I bought it off the showroom floor. I sold it last summer in anticipation for the new car. In the mean time I purchased a 2013 JGC SRT8 alpine edition to fill the void. I figure that I'll keep this one for a while too, so I might as well wait and get what I want. Even if it meant missing most of the summer......

Fly

Fly, that is going to be one bad ass combo.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2014 production was originally going to start on 7/22 but has been pushed back to this month. Should be soon as there are only about 50 2013s left to build (mostly U.S. models). Total 2013 production will end up near a thousand vehicles.

Hi Resumespeed,
Any chance you can give me the build status on DV400496 ?

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn this thread is going to be up until next year lol!
how long does it take for delivery since u place the order? I hope the 14 will be much faster !

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50 more 13's to build? In August with 40% of the year remaining...ouch. On the plus side I hear the plant can bang out 30 cars weekly when they're cookin.'

Feel bad for the guys still waiting. On the plus side the car is really cool and you're gonna like it.