Reaction score
Well it finally got here and I took him to a Corvette club meeting
They accused me of bringing a gun to a knife fight LOL
You have too love car people
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks awesome!! This car really has looked good in black.

Are you still getting the custom paint?

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Jetstar, would be curious to your thoughts on the car as well once you get some wheel time!

150 miles on him so far almost all of it in the rain but i can tell you that the car feels planted to the road even more than the ZR1
playing with the shock settings you can really feel the differance. in the ZR1 ther is almost no differance
You guys saved me a lot of time finding the fuel tank release it still took 5 min because you cant see it while sitting in the seat
seats are awsome

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Right on brother! My vote is stripe it. I'm liking that stripe design- clean, **** and stylish.

Ok I will start laying out the stripe this weekend
I was on the fence but I think the stripe will look cool
I am thinking of shooting it in the GTS Blue base with pearl in the clear to lighten it up some
any sugestions?

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
150 miles on him so far almost all of it in the rain but i can tell you that the car feels planted to the road even more than the ZR1
playing with the shock settings you can really feel the differance. in the ZR1 ther is almost no differance
You guys saved me a lot of time finding the fuel tank release it still took 5 min because you cant see it while sitting in the seat
seats are awsome

Congrats nice choice !
Where is the fuel tank release ?

OP
OP

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also thinking of vinyl stripes to see if I like it. btw, just hit 500 miles on car and it is performing flawless.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also thinking of vinyl stripes to see if I like it. btw, just hit 500 miles on car and it is performing flawless.

Man, you guys need to get out more, LOL. I had 1500 miles on my Camaro within a week. Tracking it this weekend, time to go play.

Meanwhile, my Viper's sitting in Trim Status. Should be flipping over to Final Inspection any time now! C'mon Conner, do me a solid.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
August delivery is not something I could've tolerated. Granted you have a special paint. Glad u are so close. Definitely need to see pics of that bad boy since my ride is the other Red...your Red's sister!!!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
August delivery is not something I could've tolerated. Granted you have a special paint. Glad u are so close. Definitely need to see pics of that bad boy since my ride is the other Red...your Red's sister!!!

The color is the ONLY reason I'm holding out. Now there are nice black GTS's at dealers in my neighborhood, so tempting to go grab one.

Pics are in the plan, Halle looks good in red. Rumor has it that my car may be used in a Viper calendar photo shoot. Just a rumor :D

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just called SRT and all they can say is my build has not started yet, and I'm still sitting at D1. By ordering back in Dec, I tought I'd be the first kid in town with a Gen V. So much for that, a local dealer has a red GTS sitting in the showroom.
Is WHITE such a special color ?????

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just called SRT and all they can say is my build has not started yet, and I'm still sitting at D1. By ordering back in Dec, I tought I'd be the first kid in town with a Gen V. So much for that, a local dealer has a red GTS sitting in the showroom.

It's all that french labeling they need to put on. They ran out of accented symbols on the factory floor. :rolaugh:

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
where will u do the paint?
congrats and go for it :2tu:

I have my own shop in palm beach we build custom Corvettes and Vipers

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Have you talked to them about making it a 2014

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your not going to have your car for another month at least. if you can live with red you should get that one. you could be driving it tomorrow. you might be able to get a better deal on it. you can tell the dealership it wont be long till snow. or tell srt to stick it and order a 14.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your not going to have your car for another month at least. if you can live with red you should get that one. you could be driving it tomorrow. you might be able to get a better deal on it. you can tell the dealership it wont be long till snow. or tell srt to stick it and order a 14.

This. SilveRT8, do some shopping around and put some feelers out. There are at-invoice deals available on colors other than red out there (in case you don't want red).

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Switching to Red was the best thing for me.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This. SilveRT8, do some shopping around and put some feelers out. There are at-invoice deals available on colors other than red out there (in case you don't want red).

Problem is I traded my 08 as my dealer gave me a good deal on it, can't back off as they already sold the car, and that money goes as a cash down on the new one.
Also, I do not want red as I custom ordered the car of my choice, a white GTS with Track pack and Sepia interior.
Other issue most of the Gen V for sale are US cars wich completly voids the warranty for us Canadians.
I dont mind waiting another month for my car to be built, as I have other toys, but not getting any date or news gets frustrating.
Sorry, I needed to vent and here's the place !
Thanks for your support !

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Problem is I traded my 08 as my dealer gave me a good deal on it, can't back off as they already sold the car, and that money goes as a cash down on the new one.
Also, I do not want red as I custom ordered the car of my choice, a white GTS with Track pack and Sepia interior.
Other issue most of the Gen V for sale are US cars wich completly voids the warranty for us Canadians.
I dont mind waiting another month for my car to be built, as I have other toys, but not getting any date or news gets frustrating.

I went through the same thing but when you finally get it your going to really enjoy it
I would still try and make it a 2014 though

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went through the same thing but when you finally get it your going to really enjoy it
I would still try and make it a 2014 though

Yes, I'll speak to my dealer about it, as long as it doesn't cause more delays, by november we get the snow and the season is over.
If I have to switch to a 2014, I'll add the SRT hood and Aero pack though.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Of all of us, the Canadians have had it the worst. I really would've cancelled and gotten an in-stock Viper if it hadn't been for the Stryker paint. Especially because I believe you can negotiate a good price, at least here in the states. I've got to say, I really really like the Adrenaline Red. In person there was one sitting next to a LE, and the red was the easy choice for me. If you like that red too, I'd consider it. Or hold out a while longer for white if its a clear favorite for you.

You've got to be almost there!

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Final Inspection status!!! Here's the timeline so far:

July 2: Frame
July 10: Trim
July 19: Final Inspection

:headbang:

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking a week off of work to enjoy the new toy?

I'll be doing a 3-day road trip down Highway 1 with the NorCal Vipers for the California Viper Gathering Aug 23-25. Vipers from three regions, staying in the Fess Parker resort in Santa Barbara, then a tour and dinner at the Reagan Library. I cannot wait!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187