Any idea on if I'm totaled or not?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
personally I think $36.000 is a bit low, $39.000 Would have been better ;)

So can you buy the car back? You should be able to make good money on the parts alone?

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the result: adjuster came out, started punching in each damaged item into the computer. She had gotten the fascia, tire, wheel, and then when she clicked "hood", the screen flashed "TOTALED". She did a double take and said, "Whoa! This hood is $20K!" She hadn't even gotten around to the suspension stuff. She didn't try to convince me to use cheap aftermarket parts or anything, and I appreciated not having to get into an argument for OEM parts.

We ended up settling on $36K, which I thought was fair. Not excellent, but not insulting.

Oh, and if you're ever in a similar situation, be sure to give JonB at PartsRack a call before you settle. He helped me get a little more out of it.

Now on to the next task...finding another Viper! I'm gonna start hunting for either:
1. Snakeskin Green SRT10 Coupe, with or without stripes
2. '01 or '02 Bumblebee GTS

I think you did OK as well. If its any help, or consolation, about nine months ago I bought my 2002 GTS FE for $38K. Single owner, 32K miles. There are deals out there so you may walk away OK.

Good luck in your hunt for the next slice of heaven!

OP
OP
S

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I could buy the car back and probably make a real nice deal on the parts. Again, consulting with JonB helped immensely on that part.

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just giving you a fore-warning that you are going to get a snot-o-gram from Viperclub staff for mentioning JonB. I assume I will too...

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would buy it back if the price is right. I am sure you could sell the car whole, or part out some better parts. If you dont mind me asking would you PM me the buy back price they give you for a reference for myself. Thanks Todd

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62