Any Nor.Cal 4 post lifts I could use for Measurements?

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have clearance from the Tower to investigate a 4 post lift for my one car garage problem. I have a 10' ceiling, about 14 feet wide,
and trying to figure out if I can stack the Viper on top of the Wife's ML320...I think its gonna be close, and definitely will require
moving the overhead door opener to a shaft style motor.

If there are any generaous SF Bay Area folks with a 4 post lift in your garage, I would LOVE to take some measurements.

thanks
Tomer

Reaction score
Hi Tomer,

I will bring the autolift literature to the VCA meeting tomorrow. They have several choices with different dimensions. The height is okay for the lift, but the ML height will need to be measured to see how it fits with the Snake on top.

OP
OP
T

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Fred! And if I cannot make it, I will ask my new neighbour Jim to pick it up for me!

I am afraid it is not encouraging at this point...Rough estimate is the ML needs 6 feet. I have not measured the
snake yet... Maybe with the top off, but its gonna be tight.

Tomer

OP
OP
T

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim, I like your thinking! Although getting the lift if the Wife's ML won't fit, may cause a little collateral damage...Oh Well :D

Ed, thanks for the offer! Thats just a good reason to drive the Snake down the coast!!!

Tomer

Tpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a www.backyardbuddy.com, the demensions are on their website under products and then the lift. I guess you need one of the high-lift models. You should also check the lock heights...

According to the MB website, your ML320 is 72" tall (71.7 including the rack). According to the 96 RT10 specs, your Viper is 44" at the windshield frame. The lift ramp is going to be about 5" (mine is 4.5"). If you were to have a 3" gap above the MB, then that adds up to 124 inchs (72+44+3+5). This also assumes that your lift locks at 75", a big assumption unless you have it custom made. Basiclly, it won't fit.

If you can raise part of the ceiling (where your windshield and rollbar go) you have a chance. The garage lift motor can go over where the hood is... You would replace the spring with a coil spring...

Good luck.

Roy

SSLIDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tomer.....I have an Autolifters 4 post at my warehouse in Mtn. View, and my neighbor (autobody guy) has an Eagle lift in his warehouse (next door). Good opportunity for you to see and take specs. on two different lifts at one location. Let me know if your interested!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Tomer, if you wish, e-mail your phone number to me and I'll share the details of "fitting" a Cytech Double Park into my garage ( they are GREAT FOLKS)...with only 1" to spare on the bottom Viper and 2" on the top one...noting garage ceiling height is 103 "....it works like a charm...but the measurements have to be right on...and make NO assumptions !!!

OP
OP
T

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all for the great info!! SSLIDER, I will definitely take you up on your offer! Roy, thanks for your detail...Based on a quick
measurement, I actually have 122 inches, not I need more precise measurements...Another fly in the ointment is with the hard
top on, there is I suspect 2-3 inches above the windshield frame :(

Steve-Indy, I will shoot you an e-mail!

Tomer

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cytech Double Park: What a fiasco. Do these guys know whats going on? I read the posts here on the board, decided to give them a call. I was told lift would go out on a Monday (i called on Friday), i'm thinking great i'll get my lift install it just in time for for 2 cars to come in. I'm waiting, waiting, waiting. 4 weeks go by no lift but they charage my credit card. I call talk to Bill (the owner or president of the company), seems as though he doesn't know whats going on. Finally i talk with kathy... Seems as though they never had the lift in stock and wanted to Drop ship the lift from one of their distributors. So she says i'll take care of it. 2weeks later....Still no lift but i have a motor for the lift. I call again....Still putting the blame on someone else ( a distributor). So i call again. Finally after and additional week the lift shows up. Have not yet installed.

I was looking at purchasing and additional 2 lifts but i don't think i will be using Cytech - Double Park. Its amazing how someone that is so close receives the great service and talks up a company and then someone farther away receives less than quality service. Just hope that if something goes wrong they will stand behind their product.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte