Any other 06 owners get an 08 hood?

TK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I can't stand when people do this sort of thing. Put an 08 hood on an 06? I see it as a poser move. By a different after market hood, but don't make people think you have a new 600 hp 08 when it's an 06. Porsche kills me with this as they offer the same body kits for the Carerra to make it look exactly like a GT3 or the sweet Turbo's wheels are another example. BMW with it's kits to make a 5 series look like an M5. Drives me nuts and takes away so much from the real thing and takes away from how special those cars really are!

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the '08 hood and AP Engineering and some of the other new '08 style hoods are what the car should have come with they are functionally better than the '03-'06 hoods and will vent and duct away the hot under hood air in a better location to keep cockpit cooler. far from a poser mod !

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I can't stand when people do this sort of thing. Put an 08 hood on an 06? I see it as a poser move. By a different after market hood, but don't make people think you have a new 600 hp 08 when it's an 06.

I can only speak for myself and could care less what you think about my Viper or any of my cars for that matter. :rolleyes: If I wanted an '08 there would be an 08 sitting in my garage with my other cars. I've chosen to add a 08 factory hood to my '06 Coupe because I want a hood that fits and I don't want to have to deal with any possible aftermarket issues. I really like the extra cooling and I like the 08 look. Why would those of us with 750+ HP Paxton or turbo Gen3 cars want people to think we're driving a 600hp '08? :smirk:

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the '08 hood and AP Engineering and some of the other new '08 style hoods are what the car should have come with they are functionally better than the '03-'06 hoods and will vent and duct away the hot under hood air in a better location to keep cockpit cooler. far from a poser mod !

:2tu::headbang:

Bat™

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with JohnK & Sylvan.

The pad is extra and cost a little over 100$.

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I can't stand when people do this sort of thing. Put an 08 hood on an 06?

Viper owners do this to upgrade performance. This hood releases heat much better than the old hood, stand between the two at idle with your hand over the vents and see. I just came back from Willow Springs and the car ran much cooler. Cooler = more HP.

People upgrade to newer better technology, look at Gen II's w/Gen III brakes, they don't do it for the red calipers, they do it for much better braking.

I use '05 copperhead wheels because their lighter not to look like a copperhead.

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh:
Actually I can't stand when people do this sort of thing. Put an 08 hood on an 06? I see it as a poser move. By a different after market hood, but don't make people think you have a new 600 hp 08 when it's an 06. Porsche kills me with this as they offer the same body kits for the Carerra to make it look exactly like a GT3 or the sweet Turbo's wheels are another example. BMW with it's kits to make a 5 series look like an M5. Drives me nuts and takes away so much from the real thing and takes away from how special those cars really are!

Who cares what you think, in fact come back when you have a viper!:rolaugh:

JWALK35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's mine fresh out of the paint shop. facsia has clear mask that looks a little yellowed. Surprisingly you hardly notice the huge vents from the drivers seat.

Attachments

• IMG_5270.JPG
    IMG_5270.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5277.JPG
    IMG_5277.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5281.JPG
    IMG_5281.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 54

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares what you think, in fact come back when you have a viper!
Ditto,

your opinion is just that, your opinion. But to bash others that want or have upgraded their Viper with the new 08 hood :nono:

My car is at DC Performance and will be getting the 08 hood with vents. Do you think I care what you think about that? Heck no. Does it matter whether I am doing it for looks or performance? Nope. I dont care what others think about mods I am doing to MY Viper. So I guess its not ok to upgrade to the brakes or anything else that is on the 08 than according to you. :rolleyes:

JWALK35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Hiss. As for the poser comment from TK. Say what you want but don't call me a poser. I took this car to Viperdays Finals 2 weeks after I bought it. 2000 miles on it with 1800 on the track. I put the hood on to cool the car and because it looks bad a$$. I don't think anyone here is tring to pass there car off as an 08. Anyone that knows anything about vipers knows almost all the 08 colors are new anyway.

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! My oem hood vents came in today :). Did you get the hood pad and vents with your hood?

Bat™

Did you get OEM or are they the ones JON in making, I thought he was only selling ones he is reproducing, can you take pictures of just the vents. I cant get a straight answer from him, Im begining to think all of them are not OEM which is fine, I would just like to know. And yes I sent him an email:dunno:, he never answers the question.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant