Any way to remove bolt that holds spare tire in GTS?

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about removing the spare tire from my GTS. I know there is a whole debate on it being part of the impact zone for the car but I am not planning on wrecking my car and would like to put a subwoofer where the spare tire sits. Anyone know how to remove the bolt that sticks out in the middle that you tighten the spare tire to in the trunk or is the only way to cut if off? I haven't checked yet under the car but don't really see a way to do it from the top.

Luisv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the spare. The bolt sits in a slot. I slides out in a second.

As for the impact use of the tire, I don't believe that. When you see how the bolt is held in, you'll see this is likely a forum myth.

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As for the impact use of the tire, I don't believe that. When you see how the bolt is held in, you'll see this is likely a forum myth.

Strange, I looked at mine and can't seem to figure it out.

I really don't believe the spare tire thing either because what happens when you have the spare tire on? That would open up Chrysler to way too much liability.

Blown408

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The bolt should slide to one side and be able to come out if that makes sense.... I did that to do my stereo, it is almost done!

You must be registered for see images attach

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Strange, I looked at mine and can't seem to figure it out.

If your capet is still in there, you need to lift it up so that you can slide the botom of the bolt about an inch? to the left. It gets stopped by the stiff backing of the carpet if you don't lift it high enough out of the way

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont run a spare , or stereo, or windshield fluid bottle, or winshield wipers, or rear exhuast... what do we need any of that junk for? :)
Just pull the carpet up and look for the slot they are talking about.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang