Anybody going to Fontana this weekend?

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the last weekend for the Street Legal drags at the California Speedway this year. Anyone going? I'll be there on Sunday. On the off chance that there is anyone left in Socal who still drag races and is going Sunday, let me know, and perhaps we can caravan up, depending on where you're coming from.

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Wish I could join you to check out the improvement the new exhaust and flywheel have made but I need a new PS pump. Although, I guess I would only be going in a straight line.
smile.gif

Ken

OP
OP
V

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, Ken! Sorry to hear you blew your power steering. No doubt that was from hustling around WSIR trying to put the beatdown on SoCal....

Did you ever get that paint chip fixed from last month? That was a shame to see, because your paint is in such good condition.

Hope to catch you some time later this fall in Cbad. Perhaps the next Outlaw Sunday, which I believe is the 28th of this month?

OP
OP
V

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid,

I prefer Sunday, but I could be convinced to go Saturday if Sunday is no good for you. I haven't found anyone else who wants to come out and play yet. SoCal is joining the Big Bear cruise this weekend. Apparently he now thinks drag racing is beneath him!!! That or he was scared you would show up.

As for leaving the slicks home....That's a tough sell! Racing with the ET streets and getting to do smokey burnouts is fairly addictive, I must confess.
biggrin.gif

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I may go to watch.
I went the last time they ran there....Most people only got about 3 passes the whole day (I left at about 3pm).
Seems like alot of hassle for so few passes when one could drive up to LACR and make as many "laps" as you wanted. Its alot nicer than LACR though...
See ya there (maybe)
Cheers,

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
Is Sunday or Saturday going to be the better day to run? I'm thinking of wheeling Big Boy out of the garage to lay the smack down on a pesky little Saleen. In fact, if SloCal can find his way to the track, I might be willing to dish a little of the thrAshing his way. If you'll leave the slicks at home, I'm thinking we could have an interesting heads up run.....

Come to think of it, I would be happy to issue an open invite to any Creampuff owner who'd like to get the wood put to 'em by Kid Cam (except for you Treynor).