Anybody in Sacramento area interested in getting together?

conceptpi916

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there if anybody is interested. Open for suggestions as to day, time, location, etc.. Maybe our brothers and sisters in the Bay Area could even trek up here...:)

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm, that looks like an '08... I might be a little intimidated! Anything in mind? Would be nice to get a day at the track. Maybe there's an open track day some place close? I've been to Thunderhill a few times, it's not too far north of Sac on 5, could be fun to get a group of Vipers together and embarrass all the Vettes, M3's and 911's. Open to other things too, cruising around would be fun.

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little over a hour from Sacramento to the South. We are always out running around the foothills. A fun drive we take is up 88. Not much traffic on 88. We could meet in Jackson go up 88 lunch at Kirkwood then back down 88 or continue up 88 cut over 89 at Hope Valley to Myers then down 50.

Glen

OP
OP
C

conceptpi916

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A cruise and lunch sounds pretty good. Maybe we could do some kind of modified version of Glen's plan like meet on 50 somewhere in Cordova or Folsom, and go :drive: the opposite direction to Kirkwood for lunch?? This would be more central meeting place for those up north and west. Any ideas?

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is it BJ's in Folsom then?

Yes
icon14.gif

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike007 and I are meeting in Valley Springs at 11:00 and heading over and hopefully picking up Rob and his 02 ACR along the way he is in Jackson. Hope you can make it and anyone else thats reads this.

Glen

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could have make it but I am here in Monterey for the weekend watching MOTOGP.
We need to start setting up a "NorCal" Viper event on a regular basis, San Jose is a bit far.

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could have make it but I am here in Monterey for the weekend watching MOTOGP.
We need to start setting up a "NorCal" Viper event on a regular basis, San Jose is a bit far.

I agree! I have seen your car twice at EuroSunday. Whats everyone think of meeting the second Saturday or Sunday of each month. Maybe start on August 9th or Sunday the 10th I dont know what day works best for everyone. We could pick a meeting place maybe in the middle of all of us. Just a thought. Any other Ideas. :dunno:

Glen

GforcesinCA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just relocated back to CA (Benicia) and would definitely enjoy getn together with other VCA members in the area.

One near term potential for those interested is at Infineon on Aug 11th. Jim Russell runs a one-day course that allows you to drive your own car on the track. Its about 1/3 instructional and 2/3 actual driving time and they pretty much allow you to run at your own pace. I did it about 5 years ago and had a blast. Not sure there are too many other ways to get on the track at Infineon. Usually a decent set of other cars there as well. Cost is $995 for the day. you can check details at their website or send me a PM and can give you more details.

look forward to a future event.

ACR VYPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree! I have seen your car twice at EuroSunday. Whats everyone think of meeting the second Saturday or Sunday of each month. Maybe start on August 9th or Sunday the 10th I dont know what day works best for everyone. We could pick a meeting place maybe in the middle of all of us. Just a thought. Any other Ideas. :dunno:

Glen

I know SF's EuroSunday meet every 3rd Sunday and Sacramento's EuroSunday meet every 4th Sunday. With those dates in mind, I would love to start seeing a "NorCal Viper" gathering. Lets all set a date and get this ball rolling!!!
Ken

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, that sounds great. How was it at BJ's? Plenty of room for parking?

The Vipers looked great, by the way!!! Sorry I missed it...

Todd

The parking was fine. A few speed bumps in the parking lot to deal with. For next time Mike and I had talked about driving through Sutter Creek, Jackson, Volcano with a lunch stop in Sutter Creek. We could meet at Rancho Murieta on Hy16 at 10:30 go for a drive then lunch. I'll start a new post and see who wants to go play.

Glen

Eldon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy, there is about 10 vipers here in Redding that get together now and then. Let me know when your next get together is and I'm certain some of us will join you---
sounds like a great time!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth