Anybody looking to sell a set of track wheels for the SRT?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen any available on Ebay or the classifieds. I know someone out there has to have a set lying around that they are too lazy to post :) Here's your chance! Please let me know what you have. I prefer 18's all around.

I'd rather save some cash and go the used route rather than pick up a new set.

On a related note, is anyone running 19" rear r compounds? I was thinking about picking up the new 6 spokes, but only if tires were suitable...

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do believe the R6's are available for the stock rear wheel. My good friend has R6's on his TT Ford GT, and drives that car everywhere, on those tires. Loves them!

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct. I guess I should be more specific in that I'm trying to be frugal and run take-off race rubber :) I believe all those tires are 18's, or maybe not?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SSRs are NEW at $2369...almost used prices! Light, forged, wide, big-break-clearance. Beware OLD wheels for the track, especially if U run sticky-slicks....how long can OLD wheels pull 1+ Gs? Your eyes cannot always see the spiderweb cracks.....

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSRs are NEW at $2369...almost used prices! Light, forged, wide, big-break-clearance. Beware OLD wheels for the track, especially if U run sticky-slicks....how long can OLD wheels pull 1+ Gs? Your eyes cannot always see the spiderweb cracks.....

How much are stock ACR wheels? Are they SSRs?

On your related note, I run both A and R compound 19" tires on my ACR, on the track. I doubt you would be satisifed with the mileage on street. Also, when they get hot, they pick up tons of debris and stones, etc. The tires will toss all that stuff onto your car.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Hoosier R3S06 comes in a 345/19 for the stock wheels. I spoke with John Purner at CCW the other day about track wheels for the Gen 4 ACR. He has a nice black set of wheels for about $3K. 345/18 rears on a 18 x 13 wheel and 315/18 fronts on a 18 x 12 wheel. You'll need to get a e-brake relocation kit to accomadate the 18s on the rear, the reason for 18s on the rear at the track is 2 fold, better "slip angle" with 18s and the tires are cheaper then 19s. You need a 315 tire on the front because of the Viper's bad "push".

OP
OP
A

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SoCal - Did you remember which model black wheels? John Purner is great, I spoke to him at length about his different offerings.

The SSR's are a decent option, but after talking with several guys it sounds like he downsides are that the SSR's are semi-solid and are 11" up front. CCW's can be whatever size you want, which is important since I don't think I'll run anything smaller than 305's up front.

Boxer - ACR wheels were expensive and hard to come by last I checked. No worries about running on the street, I'm looking for a dedicated set of track wheels.