OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anybody try these truck struts?

Oh....I see now....."trunk"

Oh, I just noticed that. My fingers must of been going a little to fast.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does it work with the mopar spoiler on the car as well???

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe these are the same struts that George Farris used to sell directly. I had one on my RT/10 since I bought it, and since I recently added the Mopar spoiler, the single strut could only slow the trunk from slamming shut. The solution is to buy another strut and mount it on the other side of the trunk.

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have it on my '95 and it still works great. It only helps when you are picking up the groceries ;)

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Baz, Paul L had a strut, email him think it required bolting on, more holes, you can still leave the old rod on. Don't believe it will take the extra weight of a spoiler from what I can remeber

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score

Does it work with the mopar spoiler on the car as well???

Yes it will. Well, it won't open the trunk automatically but it will KEEP it up. I have one on my 2001 RT with Mopar spoiler.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The strut mounts on the left side of the trunk lid and requires drilling of three holes (two to mount the strut nuts, and a third to allow access to the inside of the trunk lid to put the flare nut on the inside.) The installation is really simple and looks very well when completed.

My single strut would not hold the trunk open after I recently added the Mopar spoiler. Maybe the gas strut looses some resistance with age (it is over two years ago that I installed it). Anyway, I just got done installing another strut on the right side of the trunk and with the two struts the trunk stays open just fine. It took about 30 minutes to install the strut. The only thing is that the drilling templates are made for a left side mount, so you have to use the reverse side of the templates to do the right side mount. Also the trunk prop rod pivot sits right where you want to drill the access hole for the mounting nut. I fortunately was able to use the access hole from the Mopar spoiler mounting to get the nut and did not require the third hole to be drilled.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave