Anyone else notice a spike in viper sightings?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cause I sure have! I've spotted 5 Vipers in just under a month or so. The most recent was yesterday, I was out getting groceries what I believe was a 94' red RT/10 pulled into the same lot with 99' wheels and hardtop. Saturday, there was a Copperhead SRT on the way to the track and a 08' blue/silver SRT showed up but never raced. I also saw a black and silver GTS on 287 and a red/white GTS in Sayerville.

What's the deal and how come I've seen a few in these out when there was snow, salt and less than 40 degrees? Freakin' nuts I tell ya!:omg: I haven't seen this many Vipers on the streets since before I was going to the Mopar events and Zone Rendevous at E-town. I was 11 years old when I went in my first Viper, I'm 20 now! SHEESH! :crazy2:

--RS

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A local used car lot (Subaru dealership of all things) has been selling Vipers like hotcakes. Must be close to a dozen Vipers of all generations in a few months. They're only on the lot for about a week before they're gone -- the Vettes sit on the lot for a bit longer, but they're selling those pretty fast too. There's a red RT/10 on the lot right now.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cus we'all are getting QUITE anxious after this LONNNNNNNG winter up here in the NorthEast. Tho to be honest, we have NOT gotten our BEAST out yet...like you said, salt/grit still unwashed on roads. But, I bet lots of people are just itching to get the cars OUT finally. ~juli

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's because they aren't worth much any more. People who always wanted one can now afford them. These are also the same people who actually want to drive them.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive: was saying the same thing to the family, all of a sudden vipers, vipers everywhere.... :omg:

(3 or 4 in 1 month, besides ours, before could go months to years without seeing 1 on the road) :headbang:

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the resale price for older Gen I/II Vipers comes down, I think more folks can afford them. And they are driving them -- I'm seeing the increase in Gen I/II sightings. I think the average buyers are a little younger -- some may not own multiple vehicles.

Might be a good thing. With more Vipers out on the road, more folks see them and develop "Viper lust" -- maybe buoy the used Viper market if demand goes up.

Of course I do everything I can to demonstrate to other drivers just how awesome the Viper is (doing my part to develop "Viper lust")! Let me show you how this Viper will blow your doors off! LOL... :):drive::)

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just a fact that even with ony around 2k Vipers produced /yr, year after year the odds increase that you will see one. I think a key point you said is that you have seen multiple generations. Unless you go to a Viper gathering, it is very unlikley you see clones of your own Viper. Right now is the time everybody is breaking out of winter hibernation all at once. Some guys that lease don't care about a little salt on the road. I am putting my C5 on the road tomorrow because I will eventually trade it in. I am holding out for one more good rain before my paid in cash Viper that I don't plan on ever selling is back on the road.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a mix of the end of winter and the fact that prices have fallen. Now the person that last year could not get into a Viper now can with GEN Is being at unheard of levels and high mileage GEN IIs not far behind. People with cash now, have the opportunity to purchase.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's because they aren't worth much any more. People who always wanted one can now afford them. These are also the same people who actually want to drive them.
your absolutely correct,new ones can be had for under 70k and used gen 3 in the high 30s and so on

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A local used car lot (Subaru dealership of all things) has been selling Vipers like hotcakes. Must be close to a dozen Vipers of all generations in a few months. They're only on the lot for about a week before they're gone -- the Vettes sit on the lot for a bit longer, but they're selling those pretty fast too. There's a red RT/10 on the lot right now.

Damn, when I was selling Subaru's I couldn't get my GM to purchase used Vipers from the auction no matter how hard I tried. Now that I don't work there anymore I finally have proof that it was a good sales strategy.

And to answer Viper GTS-R, I have noticed an increase. I saw a Viper on the road today for the first time in months. One is more then none, so it must be increasing. :D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same thing used to happen at a local Honda dealership but this was a few years back not now. I would stop by once a month and talk with the GM. He had everything from NSX's, to Corvettes, to Ferraris! All at the used car section of the Honda dealership! Just cracked me up.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing used to happen at a local Honda dealership but this was a few years back not now. I would stop by once a month and talk with the GM. He had everything from NSX's, to Corvettes, to Ferraris! All at the used car section of the Honda dealership! Just cracked me up.

Did the exotics sell, or just draw attention until they got sent to the auction?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine