Anyone elses Viper get lonely?

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After getting discouraged with my search for a nice Gen2, a man enlightened me to the ways of Superformance.
I picked up my Superformance 1965 Cobra today. I havent been able to pry the grin off of my face yet!
This car has to have the best fit and finish of any performance car I have ever owned!
It has a 418 ci. Ford stroker motor making a documented 522 hp and 522 tq. and it is mated to a Tremec 5 speed and a fully independent coilover suspension. The paint is flawless.
I was prepared to order this exact car, right down to the last option, when a neighbor puts this one up for sale. It is a year old and has only 1110 miles on it. The guy literally lives in my back yard and I have never saw the car before. You talk about fate, I bought his car today and come to find out he outbid me on the house he just moved into 3 months ago.
I think I am going to have a lot of fun with this car!!!

721965_Cobra-7-med.JPG

721965_Cobra-9-med.JPG

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very nice car :2tu:
you need to pass by his house now and then and make a little noise :)
Max

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! Beautiful car! Even if someone says it's not a Viper, everyone knows the Cobra was a huge inspiration for the Viper.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting another toy what kind of price range are those cars in?

very nice enjoy

can you post a pic of the motor?

vd..

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Brian. As we discussed, friend in our neighborhood has one and is VERY HAPPY. I have been told that one NEEDS to service wheels EVERY 3 months...might check on that.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Cars! Quality built cars that I was able to get up close to view at Road America here in Ill. An owner was asked to represent the company with his wife at a CART event a couple of years ago, and with the owner we went over the points of the car. Amazingly clean fit and finish. When compared to the factory Five Cobras we're talking apples and oranges. The Superformance Cobra is in a class by itself. D&M motorsports here in Ill. has tons of these cars waiting for people to select the motor that they want to put in their car to complete as a package.

Great buy!

Jay K.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are these the Cobras whose body and chassis are made in the same South African factory as the British Noble cars?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I built a kit Cobra, did lots of autocross, sold it to pay for the Viper. Very, very good that you have the independent rear; I've heard the Ford rubber arm solid axle version can be scary...

OP
OP
B

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought you guys might like to see another fellow Viper owner ( Ray Sweers ) and his new Cobra. We picked these 2 cars up a day apart from each other.
As you can see, I still cant stop smiling!!!
Last post, I promise. :2tu:

72Cobra_Ray_and_Valerie-med.jpg

72Cobra_at_Rays-1-med.jpg

72Cobra_Brian_and_Lori-med.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang