Anyone familiar with the Lexus SC

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out cruising in my '02 GTS today and was challenged at a stoplight by a Lexus SC. The challenge was such that we had about a 1/4 mile until the two lanes merged into one. I was not familiar with the SC and was pleasantly surprised at how quick it was off the line. We were neck and neck for a little bit then I started to pull away. I just did some quick research on the SC and noticed it's got 300hp (and it's not real cheap either). Anyone own one or familiar with it? Seems like it would be a fun little car.

OP
OP

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was the newer 430 model. Thanks for the post. I would have had a rude awakening if that had been the car that pulled along side. :)

S

sachin

you shouldn't have had a problem with a sc430 at all as they are only low 14's in the 1/4 mile at best. I have beaten my friends numerous times in a 2000 BMW 740I sport. Unless he was supercharged.....

OP
OP

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sachin, thanks for the post. Part of the reason for my post was to gauge how well I'm doing off the line. This was actually my first real test. At least I didn't lose. :)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a SC 430, and while it was kind of quick, it was not fun to drive at all. It was more of a cruiser, and a poser. While the V8 had a meaty mid range, and pulled well, it was a heavy car. Not a racer, and few aftermarket parts to hop it up. It handled OK, but again was not enjoyable to fling about.

Unless you spun ******* take off, you should kill him. Another factor is the automatic will allow Lexus to get the jump on you, just because there is less to do to start off.

I sold it to purchase SRT-10 because of the fun factor.

OP
OP

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do need practice on my launch. It was my first time "off the line" and I really didn't want to spin the tires (and lose!). Any suggestions? RPM's @ launch? etc.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I currently own a sc430 it my everday car. Is kinda quick but no match for a viper. the sc is the type of car that you can put 100 miles on it and think it was a 20 min ride.

vd..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang