Anyone familiar with the Snake-Oyl Valance Guard?

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of having something to protect the front fascia, but I've seen these in person and you can see them while standing in front of the viper...the nicest way to put it is...they don't improve the looks. ;)

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I have seen a couple of the Snakeoyl Facia guards cut back slightly so they are alot less noticeable and then recontoured (bent) a little so it fits super tight against the bottom of the facia.

If you think about it, if you've seen the underside of alot of facia's most of the scrapes occur further back from the front. The SnakeOyl piece provides the ultimate in protection with its long length, but by snipping the ends off a little you still get protection with a bit more aesthetics.

I did that on mine before I put the splitter on.

Steve A.

OP
OP
L

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That makes sense Steve (abouth the scrapes occuring further back from the front portion). From the Snake_Oyl photo, it looks like around a 1-2" trim would be enough to hide it from view (along with the recontouring). Thanks for the tip! Is that pretty much the length that you trimmed? ;)

Scott

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott they do a pretty good job. I painted mine red them added the silver stripes too. (I removed and sold it after I added the ACR splitter). Test fit it, then look to see where the stripes lines up. You can make it blend very well so it's hardly noticeable Also, they do a great job protecting the lower part of the facia, but still be careful with the corners, there easy to scrape too. Mike

OP
OP
L

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I like the idea of painting them to blend them in. I'm in full-protect mode and I haven't even taken delivery of the car yet! What are your thoughts on the 3M clear-bra? There's a shop on the south shore of Long Island that is really good at installing it. I may look into that as well. You guys are awesome with all of the help. I really appreciate it!!:D

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one fitted and they do work.
I found that going down onto a cambered road the very front of the nose scrapes, by fitting the Chin guard it helps with the centre part of the nose, but if you go down a ramp onto a cambered road at an angle you can still scrape the corners of the front nose :(

For the price its worth it :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I like the idea of painting them to blend them in. I'm in full-protect mode and I haven't even taken delivery of the car yet! What are your thoughts on the 3M clear-bra? There's a shop on the south shore of Long Island that is really good at installing it. I may look into that as well. You guys are awesome with all of the help. I really appreciate it!!:D

Scott
Quite a few of us have had the clear bra done and we all used the best, Detailing Dynamics in Mineola.
Not cheap, but total professionalism and workmanship.

Custom formulated car wax, paint sealant, polish, compound, car accessory, car care tips and auto detailing.

OP
OP
L

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon,

That's the place that I had heard about. I hear that they are real sticklers at getting it 100% perfect. You can't put a price on that work ethic, as far as I'm concerned. For the peace of mind, it's well worth it. Again, thanks for your help/input neighbor. We will most definitely meet and have breakfast at Maureen's this year. I look forward to it!

Scott
Kings Park

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something else you might want to think about that has worked for me. (gen 3) My front bumper has clear bra, But under the bumper I have four strips of door belt molding from a pick up truck. It is the rubber guard that goes a long the door and it uses two sided tape to stick. It is about two inches thick. You can think of it like a chin guard that sticks to the bumper. I have been useing it for three years and it works great.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, I'm a big fan of clear bra type products. The guy we recommend in SoCal uses the "expel" product. On my viper I have the nose and the hood just north of the hood scoop, also get the full side sills and it your guy can do it get the fender insides done behind the front wheels and do it behind the rear wheels, but the inner lip isn't need like the front. I track my viper so on roof I have the first 12" done. I have the doors done below the crease and I have patches behind the hood vents. A good idea is to do the door handles and if you track do the top by the handles, they will get rock chips.

Best wishes with you new viper! Mike

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That makes sense Steve (abouth the scrapes occuring further back from the front portion). From the Snake_Oyl photo, it looks like around a 1-2" trim would be enough to hide it from view (along with the recontouring). Thanks for the tip! Is that pretty much the length that you trimmed? ;)

Scott

I believe I was in the 1 1/2 - 2 inch area. It was really hard to see it afterwards. My down fall has always been the concrete parking curbs in parking lots. The SnakeOyl piece saved my nose more than once....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang