Anyone got a #8 plug wire lying around?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few weeks ago someone was working on my car for its erratic idle problem and slightly tore the #8 plug wire boot. He put electric tape on it and said it would be fine since it was only a small tear. Well, he did a compression test on it yesterday and told me the wire did have to be replaced afterall. But he isn't offering to pay for it!! :curse: I just put these wires on a few months ago so I really dont wanna drop $100 for a whole new set when its not even my fault I need a new set. So if anyone has a stock #8, please let me know

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a stock one...just replaced my wires this week. I don't know the mileage on the old ones, but they don't look bad.

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don't have to buy a full set, each wire is available individually from the dealer.

Luc.

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
somebody's got to do it ...

Dude , with the time you've spent trying to be a cheap ass on here you could have collected enough money on the side of the road to buy new plug wires...

whats the deal ? nut up and buy some , its $100 , you pay to play

and what does a compression test have to do with your plug wire ??????

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
somebody's got to do it ...

Dude , with the time you've spent trying to be a cheap ass on here you could have collected enough money on the side of the road to buy new plug wires...

whats the deal ? nut up and buy some , its $100 , you pay to play

and what does a compression test have to do with your plug wire ??????

Yes, i'm a cheap ass, but im trying to get better. Next time, I need to fill up on gas, I'll just buy a BP gas station, next time I need an oil change, I'll buy Mobil 1. Next time I need tires, I'll buy Michelin. Boy, I'm gonna own a lot of high dollar companies at that rate. The wires are practically brand new, only one got torn, so why buy all 10 if someone has a spare lying around they didnt mind selling?? And if you spent more time reading the thread instead of trying to be an a-hole (good job by the way), I explained what a compression test had to do with the plug wire. The tech messed up the plug wire when he was working on something else a few weeks ago, but said he fixed it. When he pulled the wire off to do the compression test 2 days ago, he noticed his fix-it idea didn't work and I did need to replace the wire. Since he didn't offer to pay for the wire, even though he's the one who tore it, maybe he's the cheapass. But being a non-cheapass, I just asked if anyone had a spare wire I could BUY. I now have a spare wire on the way. Well, I'm off to go dig in garbage cans and find coke cans that I can recycle to help make my next car payment....

AMong

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, he did a compression test on it yesterday and told me the wire did have to be replaced afterall.

This sentence came across as " the compression test showed that the wire needed to be replaced " - I guess I miss understood . my appologies.

but your still a cheap ass . :D

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, he did a compression test on it yesterday and told me the wire did have to be replaced afterall.

This sentence came across as " the compression test showed that the wire needed to be replaced " - I guess I miss understood . my appologies.

but your still a cheap ass . :D

I see how you could misread that now, my bad :)

As for being a cheapass, I've been called worse by better, so I'll just deal with it :)