Anyone have a Corsa pic with the sills removed?

97fatboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to make an adjustment on my exhaust tips to get them to line up perfectly with the exhaust opening on my 05. I am assuming I remove the sill, loosen and clamp and twist the cats to correct the issue, but wanted to see a pic before I tear into it.

Thanks

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search for it. I posted some a year or two ago on mine. They need to be installed with the tips closer to the front of the car (not centered). The exhaust expands and the tips travel back towards the opening as it heats.

silversrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be patient removing the sills. All bolts except 1 are easily accessible. The one inside the sill at top front of the car, attaching it to the fender can be a *****. It just needs to be loosened to allow the sill to slide off but not much room to work on.

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here you go. As noted, take your time...I did mine in two evenings. One to remove the sills and the exhaust, and the other to do the install. The worst part is putting the sills back on a half dozen times before you are satisfied with the fit of each one. I'm a bit of a perfectionist in this area, and even though you can't see both sides at the same time, I wanted the tips in exactly the same place side to side. No other way to do it but to get a side the way you want it, bolt it all down, and then do the same repeatedly to the other side. It definitely takes two people for this operation. Note the tape I used to protect the car - not a scratch (whew!) :headbang:

One issue I had with my '08 was that the locating pin (second picture) did not line up on the passenger exhaust. I called Corsa, and the techs were fantastic. I send digital pics and they confirmed that something was up (and it wasn't my install), and in the end recommended making the locating notch a bit larger on the Corsa, which I did. Of course, that meant more play in it, so it was a bit more difficult to line up that side.

Good luck!

Early_Fall_2008_353.JPG

Early_Fall_2008_356.JPG