Anyone in Sarasota?

mlambert890

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to ask this here, but I dont think I am able to post in the regional forums.

I am still looking for "the one" and was wondering if anyone was down in the Sarasota area and wouldnt mind taking a quick swing past a dealer down there and at least verifying that there really is a car there and its not a total disaster :)

If anyone is willing, please send me a PM

OP
OP
M

mlambert890

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which dealer in Sarasota is a ripoff? This isnt a Dodge dealer that has the car I was looking at, btw.

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Which car do you want looked at? I'm driving down there today to look at one also............maybe the same one? :rolaugh:

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will let you know..............Wilde Jaguar/Lexus (this dealership) is extremely over priced though! Kelly Blue Book for the starting negotiation price (the final sale price should be lower according to KBB) is around $36K.

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, here's the deal.

This Viper looks nice, and smells new inside. HOWEVER.............

They refused to let me have it inspected and they refused to allow me to even test drive the car until we agreed on a price. After trying to negotiate price, they wold only come down $1,000.00.

Now after leaving the WILDE dealership, I went to look at this car
2000 Dodge Viper in Port Charlotte, FL 33953: Convertible Details - 263523450 - AutoTrader.com

which Wilde used to own
Dodge : Viper:eBay Motors (item 400050125190 end time May-23-09 08:50:23 PDT)

Just like the Blue Viper that they are currently refusing to budge on the price of, on this Grey Viper WILDE also refused to budge on their asking price at all, when they used to own it.....until it didnt sell for a few months. Then they came down $2,000.....until it still didn't sell. Then they lost money by selling it at an auction to the delearship that now owns it.

I went and test drove this Grey Viper today at a dealership in Port Charlotte, and negotiated a price $7,000 less than the original asking price of WILDE. And, I tenatively agreed to buy this car, pending an inspection by DODGE.

I paid DODGE $100 today to inspect this car that WILDE wouldn't budge from $40,000 on. This piece of junk Grey Viper had rust all inside of the frame, broken motor mounts, frame welds, and a hole in the floor board, among other unseen problems.

Now here is my point..................... the WILDE dealearship which would not allow a test drive or an inspection until a price was agreed upon in writing, has tried to sell this Grey VIPER before, which I found out today what a piece of JUNK it is.

WILDE sells JUNK, and they will not allow test drives or inspections, and they refuse to budge on price for their VERY HIGH PRICED JUNK.

Granted the Blue Viper that you are looking at might be in much better condition than the Grey one they just had about 3 weeks ago, but with no inspections allowed, you can never know for sure. I'm not sure how they stay in business :dunno:

Hope this helps.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i sent them $1,000 deposit they said they wood refund my money if did not want the viper it was a 1996 gts with 35,000 miles after i took a good look at the pics did not want it they refused to give my $1,000 dollars back don;t send no deposit unless your sure you are going to buy the viper you will not get your money back

Earl

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hope you get yourself a good attorney and not let those **** bags keep your deposit.

OP
OP
M

mlambert890

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ***** Viper K... a grand is a lot of money... and getting a lawyer to go after it is such a pain in the ass.

It sounds like it is best to steer clear of Wilde. I found a car at Roanoke (John is as good as his rep - 5 star guy) and am currently trying to choose between that car and an ACR from a private seller.

The shock situation on the ACR makes me nervous though. Ill make the final decision tonight.