Anyone know what's up with Cytech Double-Park???

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what\'s up with Cytech Double-Park???

Can't access their website, and no one answers their phone. Are they still in business? I'm getting ready to purchase a lift, and Cytech was #1 on my list.

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone know what\'s up with Cytech Double-Park???

I ordered a lift from them in May. They charged my CC $4500 then never delivered the lift. They don't answer the phones. My CC company has credited my card back. I guess they are out of business. Too bad, I heard they built an awesome lift.

OP
OP
J

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the info.

That leaves: Rotary, Stinger, Autolifters, Backyard Buddy, and PerfectPark.

I've read all the previous posts, and I'm torn. Sounds like several people are happy with their PerfectPark, but I'm hesitant due to the failure that happened to the Vette guy. Autolifters and Backyard Buddy have external sliders, which I'm not too keen on. Guess I'll do some more digging on the Rotary and Stinger lifts.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a Stinger and have been pretty happy overall. Not too many oulets to buy them though.

I have only encountered one problem, and it may (i.e. probably) was due to misassembly. One of the cable pulley fasteners backed out causing a pulley bearing to fail. It was fail-safe though as the pulley was blocked from coming out. Did scare the crap out of me when I found it.

Too bad about Cytech as competition is good!

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Get out of here...are you serious?

I ordered a Cytech and it is awesome! The service was outstanding. They came to our local VCA event. I really can't believe this.

BS99GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have an AutoLifters unit,,,,wouldn't recommend them have had numerous problems !!

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep, I can get it now..I sent an email

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Re the Perfect Park incident involving the Corvette. Shortly after that, Perfect Park sent out a modification kit (customer-installable) which prevents the cable from slipping off the pulleys, which was the cause of that incident. I've had a Perfect Park 7000 for four years now, and I'm pleased with it. I really wouldn't eliminate them from consideration based on the Corvette issue, as the cause has been addressed. All that said, there are lots of good quality lifts on the market. One thing you may want to consider is the width between the poles. The standard distance is usually around 83-84 inches, but most companies offer a wider lift. That's not adequate for most full-size SUV's, at least without folding in mirrors, etc. If your space will accommodate a wider lift (like 102 inches), you might want to consider that option.

OP
OP
J

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok, after talking to the vendors and doing mock-ups in my garage, I'm down to either the Perfect Park 7000 or the Revolution (by Rotary Lifts). I felt better about the Perfect Park after I talked to them about the Corvette failure.

For those of you with the Perfect Park, how is the width for you? In particular, I'd like to know if you Perfect Park owners could get an SUV on the lift or not. Their XLT is too wide for me, but the regular lift seems a little narrow. The Revolution is about 10" wider than the standard Perfect Park and may work better in my garage.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the info.

That leaves: Rotary, Stinger, Autolifters, Backyard Buddy, and PerfectPark.

I've read all the previous posts, and I'm torn. Sounds like several people are happy with their PerfectPark, but I'm hesitant due to the failure that happened to the Vette guy. Autolifters and Backyard Buddy have external sliders, which I'm not too keen on. Guess I'll do some more digging on the Rotary and Stinger lifts.

I talked to the perfect park fellow about the failure. As mentioned above, If you call them up, they'll gladly explain the root cause of the issue, and the engineering change they made so it will never happen again.

OP
OP
J

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just ordered the Perfect Park 7000. They have a 6" wider version (not the XLT) at the same price. I got a bunch of options with it, and I'm having them come out for the delivery and install. I'll let you guys know how everything turns out.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seems there is a problem with Cytech. I tried to call several times and no answer. Finally, someone answered that sounded like a repo man. Asked about different sized lift. Said to fax a drawing of what I wanted and would get right back to me. 4 days later, no answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235